BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Anyone else thinking of starting a new army?

Morning all.

Got a late shift at work, so starting my gabbing early before I have to head out.

So, 7th Ed out tomorrow, and it's a tradition of mine to start a new army with each edition. Is anyone else indulging?

My thoughts are either Blood Angels, as I've never done them, or some kind of Rogue Traderesque Pirate army, drawing on suitable units from various army books (which I own all of, barring Blood Angels).

Blood Angels would definitely be a Battle Forged army, and nothing too fancy. Bit of flavour units, but otherwise largely a Red Vanilla Marine force, as it's been ages since I slapped on the Power Armour.

Piratical Force? Well, this all hinges on just how unbound an unbound army is. I haven't kept up with the rumours in this regard, or even the confirmations from those who have the rules already. In my head, and as published elsewhere, I'm thinking a core of Chaos Cultists to represent human pirates, perhaps with an IG tank or two, Dark Eldar Cabal Warriors mounted on Raiders, and of course, some suitably converted Orky Freebooterz. Probably a Rogue Mek and his toys. No idea how well that might work on the board, but it's one I want to do for the look of the thing. However, Unbound may not be quite as Unbound as we first thought, due to the possible application of Allies restrictions interfering. If the allies rules are too divisive (as in Come the Apocalypse), I might nix this plan. It's one thing to deliberately look ragtag, it's quite another to effectively wind up playing three or four armies as one.....

Anyone else?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Thinking about it? Sure. Thinking is for free.
    Actually buying? Nope.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

always thinking about new army concepts. I have 2 designs on the back burner as it is.

but Im not really buying for them though.

1 is another CSM slaanesh list (pics soon) list and I have the parts to do that already and the other is a sisters of battle army that needs a material that is easier to convert than metal.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Daemon-Prince

Yup my Legion Alpha Legion (No Pun intended...) If i play my Demons people will start with the "OMG YOU ARE CHEESE PLAYER, OMG BANDWAGON" crap and i don't feel like dealing with that.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Occuli Imperator

AM thinking about.

I am that person who likes the Taurox...
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

I'm starting a SoB/female Guard archaeological expeditionary force led by an Ordo Xenos Inquisitrix. Hunting down xenos artifacts for the Imperium.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I like the Taurox too. It's funky, and very 40k (not necessarily practical but hey, we've got the schematics. And we know it works!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    AM thinking about.

I am that person who likes the Taurox...
    I like the taurox
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'm starting a SoB/female Guard archaeological expeditionary force led by an Ordo Xenos Inquisitrix. Hunting down xenos artifacts for the Imperium.
    Sounds fun.

Occuli Imperator

I thought i was alone!

I would slightly drop it on the axel as I think it sits slightly too tall.

My plan is to replace all chimera chasis tanks with taurox chasis.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast