BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

a combined grail/quest knight box and a plastic character box would be fine by me, nothing more is essential. the lord and battle standard models have gone from the website too, along with those knights, I would imagine that is what we get.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Just a rumour is just a rumour.

40k currently has more kits in dire need of an upgrade overall, especially with the increasing push away from Metal and Finecast that we seem to be seeing.

Warhammer hasn't done that badly, considering 40k is the focus. Every army has been given new units upon release, and the amount of non-plastic kits is dropping quite rapidly.

Besides, Warhammer as a game requires less variety of unit types compared to 40k. The tighter restrictions on how units move is a major one (and also one of my favourite things about Warhammer).

Let's look at the Bretonnian models. Peasants, Pegasus Knights, Knights Errant and Knights of the Realm are all in plastic already, and don't especially need updating (certainly not compared to Empire Knights and High Elf infantry....) Those also happen to be largely the meat and bones of any list. Only ones I can think of that really need updating are being updated, though a honking great Hippogryph would be nice

And one last observation. Warhammer never suffered 'the cull of the cool' that 40k did during 3rd, 4th and part of 5th, where all the really daft stuff (also the really fun stuff) was removed for whatever reason. 40k is currently having all that replaced and updated, alongside the refreshing of existing stuff which needs to be moved into plastic.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 06-14-2014 at 07:31 AM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Probably. I just wanted to avoid trying to spell "Medieval" (sp?)

What historically put me off was the cost of metal knights...
    It's spelled correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nSmurfs View Post
    Dark Ages? Pff. More like 13th-14th Century High Middle Ages, amirite? (I am right).

Bretonnians are cool. First fantasy army I did, way back.
    More C13th. They mimic the style of the 1200s, the age of Richard I crusades etc. Not quite early medieval, not quite the late medieval/early modern of the Empire.

Librarian

If Bretonnians would loose the frenchy flour de' lieese thing, (my apologies for the horrible misspelling) I would totally love to have a pure cavalry based army that worked. While I love the more germainc style of Empire's models, the rules just doesn't seem work.

Brother-Sergeant

I'm really excited for the Bretts. It's my favorite army in the game. I'm just hoping for an improvment to their rules to have them be the best cav in the game like they should be. Go back to the old arrow head lance formation (like that will ever happen), see units of knights on foot as an option and the Lady's blessing to remain awesome. But what happens happens. I think the Wood Elf book is quite good so I have high hopes the Bretonnians will get similar treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Well, only the wealthy can realistically compete for control of Parliament.....so it's much the same thing.
    Hey move to Africa Here everything is controlled by a well placed bribe, or plunder of your own country oO... Skaven comes to mind. :O

Chapter-Master

Like the Wood Elf release, doesnt seem much - but it's better than being squatted. I'd rather have reduced support than none at all and believe me I know how it feels to be neglected as I'm an Epic fan.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Orks are fun and all, but hurry up, I am really excited for proper Bretonnian rumours, I have all the knights of the realm I need, give me some fun plastic characters and grails
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

If I ever start a Warhammer army, it will be Bretonnia. Really dig the look...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast