BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Plague marines. They're so expensive that you are outnumbered three to one or worse and they get whittled down by enemy fire before they accomplish anything. Even putting them in rhinos doesn't help, because those get blown up on the first or second turn.

Default A Lone Snikrot...

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    I'm wondering, if you can take Snikrot without Kommandos, I don't think so.
    Snikrot is not listed as an independent HQ choice, so you have to buy a Kommando mob to use him.

Finally Kommandos are just the ticket for Snikrot.
    My friends and all get to make 1 or 2 special characters to use in our gaming group if they are balanced and agreed upon, so what's mine? The sneakiest sneaka o' Armageddon- Snikrot. I just play him as a lone HQ because the kommandos really don't do it for me either. He also gets the "Throatslitta" special ability which gives him rending on the charge if his initiative is higher and he is behind the squad he is assaulting.
    (sorry that I got a little off topic there... back to the point)

Flash Gitz get benched but I do take Burnaz a lot of the time. Deffkoptaz get benched sometimes because they all have rockets equipped (Black Reach box koptaz) and usually cost too much, but they are still fun sometimes!

My poor base predator...so much dakka but gets killed so quick. Never use dev squads either waay to expensive in points. Las cannons have disappointed me as well.

My two drop pods..although with the new kit for the Ironclad dred they should see new use.

For Witch Hunters (aside from what was already mentioned):
    - Death Cult Assassins, they just give away kill points too easily.

Battle-Brother

@ Brother Mord

Its not that its mir Fluffwise
    You have the elitefriends of your marshall and optionwise they cant have a taxi and can oly by bicycles.

I prefer the shoty termies, dreads and techmarine before the sword bretheren in power armour.

Perhaps they are worth the points but i dont like em as they are.

And my heavy support choices are coverd with Preds and a Vind.

Veteran-Sergeant

Tyranids-Gargoyles and Raveners, left out for my fun spore mines

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by warpcrafter View Post
    Plague marines. They're so expensive that you are outnumbered three to one or worse and they get whittled down by enemy fire before they accomplish anything. Even putting them in rhinos doesn't help, because those get blown up on the first or second turn.
    All of them? Wow. Friend of mine collects a plague marines only army and he plays quite good with them.
    T5 and FNP for standard troops is not that bad to get benched, but I get your point.

Scout

I have never had luck with any Rhinos in my CSM list, they die way too fast no matter what unit is in em, then I"m stuck with a unit of 'zerkers on my table edge that that have to footslog all the way to the other side.

I keep reading about mechanized CSM lists but I never pull them off.

Sigh

Quote Originally Posted by warpcrafter View Post
    This guy doesn't think Plague Marines can hold their weight...

Ha...

Haha...

Oh God! Hahahahahaha, oh my God, I never thought I'd see the day!

Warpcrafter, you realize that many people consider them to be the best Troop choice after Nobz?

Veteran-Sergeant

CSM, Dreadnoughts, unreliable, Raptors, not really that useful

I find Possessed canbe good if given wings, if expensive.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast