BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie1 View Post
    Really? That's interesting.
    Well I skip the "wraithlord/-guard sucks or kick-butt" discussion, because it is to old and has been discussed in to many forums and blogs (yes, THIS blog, beginning with Y. lol).

But scorpions. Really? I play a small Eldar force, and my three elites are filled with fire dragons and harlies usually.
    But I am going to test scorpions, because I guess they have at least potential, with S4, 3+ save, their wargear and the usually Eldar advantages.

Maybe you can give me a reason why they get benched in your opinion?!

rant: oh *** is censored. use butt instead. lol
    My Eldar force is formed around 2-3 squads of guardians with added DAvengers and counterpunch of Harliquiens. Firedragons are a must. But banshees and scorpions are few in number and only good for one hit and then mowed down. at thier cost i would rather have another large unit of guardians or some vehicles. I am currently trying out reapers but havent made up my mind. The wraithguard are just to pricey even though i like them. and the wraithlord, is not as good buy as a Fprism or a falcon. Plus I think of the wraithlord as more of a theme unit. (just me). warwalkers are a must with a farseer to assist.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Majorcrash View Post
    My Eldar force is formed around 2-3 squads of guardians with added DAvengers and counterpunch of Harliquiens. Firedragons are a must. But banshees and scorpions are few in number and only good for one hit and then mowed down. at thier cost i would rather have another large unit of guardians or some vehicles. I am currently trying out reapers but havent made up my mind. The wraithguard are just to pricey even though i like them. and the wraithlord, is not as good buy as a Fprism or a falcon. Plus I think of the wraithlord as more of a theme unit. (just me). warwalkers are a must with a farseer to assist.
    Warwalkers and dark reapers suffer the same as wraithlords and any other heavy support. They are all inferior comparing to fire prisms. 3 reapers cost the same as a fire prism, so they get benched.
    Only falcons can compare to fire prisms, especially when I don't want to play with the FP templates (sometimes my dices are cursed).

Veteran-Sergeant

I supposed, As i said just started using the reapers, but I have had lost a luck with the walkers and the mass firepower combined with guide is devestating for most armies. Add into that the firepower of falcon and waveserpents. its usually over by turn 3. Only necrons and tau and other eldar give my eldar fits.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Herald of Nurgle View Post
    Synapse doesn't give Fearless. It just means that you don't need morale.
    Wait, run that by me again, I haven't read my nid codex or faqs for awhile, but I've always been under the impression that nids within the radius of hive mind are fearless, which means that it sucks badly for gaunts and to a lesser extent genestealers. If that's not the case I might be wrong about the currently perceived immense failure of the nid codex in 5th edition.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456