BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How excited are you about 7th?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-SUPER EXCITEDLIKE ZOMG I'm planning an all nighter to play the game until my eyes bleed!

6 5.45%
  • 4-Excited, GW seemed to address all my issues that I had with 6 and I'm eager to start rolling dice

35 31.82%
  • 3 - Indifferent, 7th edition - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

23 20.91%
  • 2 - Let down, GW missed a big opportunity here and 6th's fatal flaws still exist

37 33.64%
  • 1 - Ragequitting, *VEIN POPPING RAGE* WTF WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?

9 8.18%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by George Labour View Post
    maths is hard, and I didn't have my Eldar codex on hand when I originally wrote that. XD

Still, plus 1 powers means now warlocks will be using abilities other than Conceal/reveal outside of seer councils.
    All is forgiven George. I just thought I was missing a trick. It's very handy to have the additional power yes. Looking forward to trying out some different tactics with warlocks.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Eldar don't have Force weapons. At least, they didn't when I played Eldar.
    eldrad has one
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    eldrad has one
    Aha! Thanks.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

being able to consoladate into combat was biggest let down, My dark eldar still get to stand their and get shot to pieces, it's not like it would have been a game breaker

buying the new edition after only 2 years. ROFL not a chance
    Last edited by darthken; 05-24-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Souba View Post
    i like that psykers still can only cast as many powers as they have psychic mastery levels. some chars would be overkill then.
    Is this right? Can i get a confirmation? I'd already asked about this a day or two ago and was told that MLs do not in and of themselves limit how many spells a psyker can cast (just that they can only attempt each power they know once per phase and are limited by available dice in pool). Was the other guy mistaken?

Veteran-Sergeant

This is true. Page 22 First paragraph of the second column "The number of psychic powers a psyker can use each turn depends on his mastery level."

Quote Originally Posted by Melon-neko View Post
    This is true. Page 22 First paragraph of the second column "The number of psychic powers a psyker can use each turn depends on his mastery level."
    thanks for the reply and quote. Sorry if i seem a bit nitpicky now, but does the book then go on to explain specifically how it depends on it? I mean, it's depend on it (albeit in part and. Indirectly) by virtue of the power dice rolls taking mastery level as a parameter.

presumably there's an example or something following the quoted text to make it clear? Something like "for instance, chief librarian tigurius is a mastery level 3 psyker, so he may only attempt to manifest up to three psychic powers per phase). Something like that?

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by skeletoro View Post
    thanks for the reply and quote. Sorry if i seem a bit nitpicky now, but does the book then go on to explain specifically how it depends on it? I mean, it's depend on it (albeit in part and. Indirectly) by virtue of the power dice rolls taking mastery level as a parameter.

presumably there's an example or something following the quoted text to make it clear? Something like "for instance, chief librarian tigurius is a mastery level 3 psyker, so he may only attempt to manifest up to three psychic powers per phase). Something like that?
    Nah, nitpicking is good. So actually, there is not an example. The only restriction I can find is that a psyker can't cast the same power twice. So...i guess it's not true after all. >.> Unless I missed something else. =\

I'm sure that is going to cause a lot of arguments ^^

Well, the number of psychic powers a psyker has is based on the psyker's mastery level (usually ML + 1, or + 2 with a force weapon), so the number of powers that can be cast is based on the mastery level, just not equal to it.

Right, it's often ML+2. ML1 rune priests can be up to ML+3 (they get 2, force, mastery). Njal knows all 7 codex powers as well.

They could easily have just forgotten to explicitly state it, but maybe they didn't mean for a hard limit beyond powers known (which is typically derived from ML). Ugh. Gimmie FAQ!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast