BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: How excited are you about 7th?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-SUPER EXCITEDLIKE ZOMG I'm planning an all nighter to play the game until my eyes bleed!

6 5.45%
  • 4-Excited, GW seemed to address all my issues that I had with 6 and I'm eager to start rolling dice

35 31.82%
  • 3 - Indifferent, 7th edition - Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

23 20.91%
  • 2 - Let down, GW missed a big opportunity here and 6th's fatal flaws still exist

37 33.64%
  • 1 - Ragequitting, *VEIN POPPING RAGE* WTF WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?

9 8.18%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

You got psychics to worry LESS now, as there are way less spells in an average game then before. Your fliers did not take an hit as jinking ALWAYS caused them to snapfire on the following turn, this rule is new on SKIMMERS.

Chapter-Master

It's a tradeoff. You'll get fewer powers off, but some of those powers are straight broken.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Depends on the powers you may chose and the number of psykers.
    A single ML2 Librarian wont get much done, even when he gets one or two broken powers. An eldar army without a seer council will also get less done and powers stay the same.

Chapter-Master

That's 6th ed thinking, though. Just because you may have to tweak your list to do it doesn't mean you can't massively abuse 7th's psychic phase.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Thats why I wrote "average army" and not psyker spamming or abusive lists

I would've voted 5; but the nerfs to destroyer weapons just to shove them in a normal game while carrying those same nerfs into Apocalypse where the weapons should be disappointed me. I could've stomached the nerf a bit more had they left the Apoc versions alone and said they were 'lower yield' versions for tactical rather than strategic use.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678