Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
I was looking at Ariadna. Honestly, I'm not sure what all the models do, but there was a mix of assault rifles, carbines, shotguns, grenade launcher(s), missile launcher, sniper... Seemed like I was covering a lot of bases. But looking over more stuff, I'm now confused on the army building, because it seems you have like sub-factions or something and can't mix that much? Or their army builder just really, really confused me.
there are the major factions (Or "VANILLA" factions)
Such as Panoceania, Yu Jing, Ariadna etc...

These get access to ALL the factions troops as they like (obeying the availabillity of course) So for example I could have a Jotum and a Knight in the same force.

Then you have the sectorials, basically sub factions, like Millitary Orders, Japanese sectorial army and the Caledonian Highlander army.

These lists have only have access to the faction forces that are inherently from that sectorial, usually with high availabillity (so Military orders doesn't have access to all the PanO troops, but in turn it gets to take more Knights)

In addition to this, Sectorial armies can use "link teams" A special method of using certain types of troops so that you activate them with a single order (and they get other bonuses based on the size of the link)

To put it crudely in 40k terms, the sectorials are kinda like codex "supplement" factions