BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Did the Wave Serpent just get a LOT WORSE?

Darn!

If the new Jink rule is true, WS just took A HUGE HIT...Ignores cover didn´t change, so fe. Space Wolves Longfangs + Psyker + Ignores Cover = almost automatically rendering WS as a vehicle that just has to Jink every turn, shooting snap shots, and trying to get it´s payload on the specific area...well, at least ATSKNF got that stupid 3" "free movement" taken away (if the rumors are true that is)...but Eldar got the stick...AGAIN...well, it was nice while it lasted...

- Lost Vyper

by the way, SKY IS FALLING!
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE
    DO I HAVE WITH A DESTROYER"

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

DUDE!!

They have incontestable scoring

/maelstrom games
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Cool!
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

For those who just woke up.....are Long Fangs specific to this, or just used as an example of heavy weapon squads?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    DUDE!!

They have incontestable scoring

/maelstrom games
    Only if its a dedicated transport for a troops choice, and then it can be consteted by other Troops choices with the Objective Secured special rule.

Jink is a cover save, so... why is this a new issue?

I'm really confused as to why this is an issue, it makes Wave Serpents work as intended, a fast and hard to pin down troop transport, it should be jinking all over the place and avoiding fire, Wave Serpents aren't supposed to be the MBT they are used as in 6th.

In the 6th ed Jink = AUTOMATIC, no snap shooting...
    In the 7th ed Jink = Must DECIDE, if you want to do it, and then only snap shooting...lets just hope you can disembark after Jink...
    "WHAT KIND OF A PEACE

And this affects Dark Eldar and Tau to the same degree.

In terms of Jink in general, it's now in line with Fliers, who could only snap shot when evading.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Vyper View Post
    In the 6th ed Jink = AUTOMATIC, no snap shooting...
    In the 7th ed Jink = Must DECIDE, if you want to do it, and then only snap shooting...lets just hope you can disembark after Jink...
    So if you want to shoot, don't jink and take the hit.

Your pilot is ducking and weaving and using all the evasive manuvers he can, so aiming his guns will be a little more difficult, it makes sense and takes Wave Serpents down to where they should be now

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast