BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Katharon View Post
    Flamers ignore cover...so how did this even ever become an issue? If a Heavy Flamer hits the rear end of a AV10 vehicle, it damn well can glance or pen dat arse -- with no cover saves allowed.
    Main issue there is whether we RAW, or RAI.

For my money, players should stick to one or the other during any given game. Helps to reduce bickering between the two, and thus cuts down bickering in general.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I can remeber one or two instances where we where like: "Ok this is RAW. Lets go for the RAI as this is really really stupid if taken as written."
    A few months later ther is an FAQ which tells us that the most stupid, unfun and unnarrative interpretation is not only RAW but also RAI.

Can still be house ruled one way or the other, though I am loathe to do that in situations where only player benefits.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Sure it can. My point was more that the line between RAI and RAW can be rather blurred.

True enough.

Though take the IC/Infiltrate, and IC/Dedicated Transport.

Reading what is actually there in the rules, the answer is obvious (no on both counts, army special rules excepting). The yes is a matter of linking in other rules.

Ditto the Ordnance and Snap Shots. RAI, Tanks can move and fire Ordnance. But a tank firing Ordnance can only snap shot with the rest of it's weapons that turn. It's when you try to overlay the rules they can get a bit confusing.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Actually mystery. I was wrong. They have added a section that removes the logic trap from IC in transports.

Rgilbert pointed it out. Its before the dedicated transport segment. I would re quote it but im on my phone
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Librarian

Page 166: An independent character without the infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of infiltrators during deployment.

It's right there, in the rules. How is this a massive issue?

Also before the argument is made, infiltrate is NOT conferred to other models, it only requires one model to have it to be used by a whole unit.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Page 166: An independent character without the infiltrate special rule cannot join a unit of infiltrators during deployment.

It's right there, in the rules. How is this a massive issue?

Also before the argument is made, infiltrate is NOT conferred to other models, it only requires one model to have it to be used by a whole unit.
    DEAR GOD WOULD PEOPLE READ THE DAMNED ARGUMENT BEFORE THEY POST THIS FOR THE UMPTEENTH BLOODY TIME!!!!

We are discussing Independent Characters WITH Infiltrate, passing it to units WITHOUT Infiltrate.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    DEAR GOD WOULD PEOPLE READ THE DAMNED ARGUMENT BEFORE THEY POST THIS FOR THE UMPTEENTH BLOODY TIME!!!!

We are discussing Independent Characters WITH Infiltrate, passing it to units WITHOUT Infiltrate.
    Which they can't do. Thats done. No one has posted a single coherent or logical argument, using the rules, to suggest otherwise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    Which they can't do. Thats done. No one has posted a single coherent or logical argument, using the rules, to suggest otherwise.
    Actually, incorrect. They CAN, it's just too late to do anything with it unless both are Reserved for Outflank.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast