BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Hmmm seems odd that they only recently added Trish Carden to the FW sculpting crew if this is true, as the "Mistress of Monsters" isn't exactly known for making 40k critters. I suppose she could be working on Tyranids but it's not her usual M.O by any means, she's always been a fantasy sculptor.

It's a sad loss either way and like several have said already it could have been avoided if they'd focused their fantasy range a bit differently. Go for providing options for existing GW units or things like Command Packs, Battle Standard Bearers and the like that are always popular, rather than just loads of big monsters. Alternative war machines would be a good way to go also, things like the Squig Gobber, the Land Ship or the Dwarven Axe-Hewer thing (which I know wasn't a FW creation, but a new version of it would be neat).
    Last edited by Brakkart; 05-25-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Marshal_Loss View Post
    Will be disappointed if they don't end up releasing the K'Daii Destroyer...
    Unless you are in the UK and can get it a little cheaper I would look at other model makers. I got a good amount of Chaos Dwarfs as a wedding gift but it is FW, they are ok model quality. I personally feel they are super overpriced for the amount of miscasts I get from them. If you want a K'Daai Destroyer here are two locations that you could get a alt model that will save you a good amount of money.

Also remember that this is FW's WIP K'Daai and you better love that design and be willing to pay a high price for it. But it has been a WIP for a few years now so who knows if they will ever finish it.
    [url]http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12014[/url] scroll down

Rothand Studios - I own this one and love it!
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXuNNRuO4cA[/url]

Titan-forge metal beards- should be for sale later this year.
    [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1693348960/metal-beards-tabletop-dwarf-army/posts/837419[/url]

There was a few things I would of loved to buy from Forgeworld for fantasy, but the price was so high once pounds were converted to US dollars and adding in shipping to send here to New Mexico.

There was no way I could justify spending that amount of money on stuff that wasn't even in the Orc and Goblin army book.

Brother-Captain

But this does also mean that 30k now gets a bigger team, which means;
    more Mechanicus
    more Imperial Army
    and maybe some Xenos!?!
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Jeeze. This one is weeks old. If folks actually read the original thread on Warseer. What Darnok actually posted was shown to be nonsense by myself and a number of other posters. As usual Darnok argued his corner regardless of the obvious facts (such as the email a few of us had received from Forge World stating 'This is a false rumour. We do not have plans to stop selling our Warhammer models or releasing any more.' Eventually Darnok backed down and claimed he 'must have been tired and got confused' or words to that effect. This is old whispers and lies recycled as news. I'll happily forward the email to anyone who wants it.

The warhammer forge "Team" has been done for sometime now that is why we have seen so much 30K at a very fast pace for Forge World. Don't worry 30k is the cash cow I'm sure all that stuff is coming.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Badrukk View Post
    But this does also mean that 30k now gets a bigger team, which means;
    more Mechanicus
    more Imperial Army
    and maybe some Xenos!?!
    Some of the 30k alien races sound pretty awesome like the Laer and Megarachnids but I dont think they will touch that stuff.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    The warhammer forge "Team" has been done for sometime now that is why we have seen so much 30K at a very fast pace for Forge World. Don't worry 30k is the cash cow I'm sure all that stuff is coming.
    Regardless of whether this news is true or not, (as mentioned above by another poster) the fact is 30k IS the "cash cow" right now.
    Everyone's entitled to their preference, be it 40/30k, I mean no ill will to them. For those of us who don't care for it It kinda grates that WFB is seen as the "lesser" game and less important cause it doesn't sell, or doesn't have guns and tanks, or whatever.

Sorry long rant, I'm tired with the bank holiday weekend, I just wish fantasy got the recognition it deserves sometimes, as others have said, there's so much potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkyskink View Post
    Regardless of whether this news is true or not, (as mentioned above by another poster) the fact is 30k IS the "cash cow" right now.
    Everyone's entitled to their preference, be it 40/30k, I mean no ill will to them. For those of us who don't care for it It kinda grates that WFB is seen as the "lesser" game and less important cause it doesn't sell, or doesn't have guns and tanks, or whatever.

Sorry long rant, I'm tired with the bank holiday weekend, I just wish fantasy got the recognition it deserves sometimes, as others have said, there's so much potential.
    Friend, I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here? People that play WFB know it is a wonderful game and are enjoying the best or one of the best points in its life cycle right now. The community will never be as large as its GW counterpart game for whatever reason but that might be a good thing. The system has held steady sales with no great deviation in either direction. You can now days easily find the GW apologist on every corner next to the GW doomsayer and the GW hater.

Quote Originally Posted by Balor View Post
    Unless you are in the UK and can get it a little cheaper I would look at other model makers. I got a good amount of Chaos Dwarfs as a wedding gift but it is FW, they are ok model quality. I personally feel they are super overpriced for the amount of miscasts I get from them. If you want a K'Daai Destroyer here are two locations that you could get a alt model that will save you a good amount of money.

Also remember that this is FW's WIP K'Daai and you better love that design and be willing to pay a high price for it. But it has been a WIP for a few years now so who knows if they will ever finish it.
    [url]http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12014[/url] scroll down

Rothand Studios - I own this one and love it!
    [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXuNNRuO4cA[/url]

Titan-forge metal beards- should be for sale later this year.
    [url]https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1693348960/metal-beards-tabletop-dwarf-army/posts/837419[/url]
    Thanks for the links mate, will give them a look!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast