BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by YorkNecromancer View Post

So... so you know and freely admit that you're wrong to complain about it being poorly balanced for tournament play... but you still do?

Hmmm.

Go to your wide future. I trust it will bring you more happiness than 40K.

Whenever a guy makes a list of valid criticisms about something that they are passionate about why is it that people act like children hoping on the bandwagon of trying to completely belittle them? Like seriously it's cool to disagree but posting up a bunch of douchey gifs to mock someone is un necessary, you're not being edgy, you're not being cool, you're being a dick.

People leaving the hobby is not good for the hobby.
    Last edited by Big_jon; 05-25-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Battle-Brother

There are a lot of people saying similar or the very same as the op all over the net.

I actually wonder if this is the tipping point for GW, the moment which will start an irreversible decline, greater than the financials bomb this January?

Part of me actually hopes so. Because I would love to see this actually happen - and it would be fantastic if Privateer, Mantic and other gaming companies form a consortium to buy out the rights to 40k and Fantasy, and make 8th Ed the properly play tested and balanced game it needs to be.

It most likely wouldn't happen, but I can't see there being a better solution.

Battle-Brother

So it seems a lot of people have written the new 7th edition of over the course of 2 days, impressive! IS it really as bad as they are making out or is there a few freshly spanked armies out they owned by people who are used to winning but under the new rules found their tactics (beardy or otherwise) not as successful as they was under 6th?

These battles where 1000+ points of extra deamons are being summoned, sounds more like someone is taking advantage of a flaw in the rules to win, personally if I came up against a player doing this I would throw the game, pack up my miniatures and go play someone who will play in a honest sporting manner! I would go as far to suggest it's the "Win at all cost players" are the ones causing the issues here and not the 7th edition rules.

sounds more like someone is taking advantage of a flaw in the rules to win
    It is not. The primaris of the new demonology (malific) psi powers allow you to summon 10 daemons. Every turn. Per psyker with this power.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

with all the trimmings free
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    It is not. The primaris of the new demonology (malific) psi powers allow you to summon 10 daemons. Every turn. Per psyker with this power.
    If the rule gives a player that much of an advantage, then it sounds like a flaw in the rules to me!

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

and yet your blaming the players?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Welcome to the wonderful world of GW desperately trying to sell daemon minis.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    and yet your blaming the players?
    You wouldn't consider it unsporting that a player would use this rule purely because of the advantage it gives them?

The years seem to get shorter between editions

(1st) 1987 - (2nd) 1993- (3rd) 1998- (4th) 2004- (5th) 2008- (6th) 2012- (7th) - 2014 and in some cases, rarely get better. The summoning daemons is just plain old ridiculous. Those supporting Games Workshops better clean yer noses. This is a clear insult to our intelligence

We can expect 8th edition to come out at Christmas.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast