BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Battle-Brother

PEOPLE!!! Space Wolves are back! Codex over rules rule book. Don't like summoning. ... hello rune priest! How about a 4+ and no soup for you. Yes please. God in love my wolves!

Veteran-Sergeant

Mail doesn't work on GW, only money. I'm not in a hurry to buy the book, none of my friends are either, after all we all need time to paint up the hundreds of dollars in models we can now field!!(sarcasm). On the plus side I guess all those armies I don't play that are all over Kijiji, Ebay ect are more desireable because I'm not a Nid player anymore; I'm a 40K player now.

Daemon-Prince

No soup for Me? I PLAY 30K! *Insert three Stooges laugh here*
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

They have to take notice of real mail.

one or two, yeah, they don't care...

If a thousand someones care enough to put pen to paper, it's taken seriously there, at that level… Just believe me, I know.

Not a petition, they don't care that much about those...

Handwritten over printed too!

Get an "Occupy the GW mailbox" movement going!

Encourage everyone to hand write a letter personally to Alan. Not to the writers of the rules, games designers etc., but to Mr Merrett. They have to do what he says.

Rock out!

Librarian

The fewer Negative Nancies in the community the more we will attract positive, fun seekers into the community.

So, to all you leaving 40k, I hope you find a hobby that works for you. In the meantime, I'll be painting my Space Sharks.

Chapter-Master

The less you're insulting and condescending to people who have different opinions than you the more people will enjoy being in the same hobby as you.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

I play Tyranids and I have to say there was a strong urge to just throw in the toque before I had even read the new codex thanks to boo birds. Was it all I wanted it to be? Of course not. Did I get over it? Of course!! Lets face it most people that are complaining are just like me and havent even seen the book yet. Put your dudes on the shelf, wait a month, and if you don't love them anymore then make your choice.

The OP has some very valid points.

All of you whining about him whining need to wise up.
    Competitive or Beer and Pretzel....GW is going in a very wrong direction. I am not an ultra competitive player. I try to make solid list that fit with how I think the army should operate. This is getting nothing short of silly in terms of balance. Hell the fluff doesn't even work any more....who is summoning daemons...what? What!?

You know what...
    My best friend and I started playing 40k again, together. He quit a few years ago. I started going to a LGS to play. Our player numbers have been dwindling for years. From near 20 just a few years ago....we are down to about a half a dozen. People are sick of the prices. People are sick of the rules. People are sick of the power creep. People are sick of the lack of balance. They are leaving the game in droves....and in the end this only hurts the hobby. Only 1 person we have lost was ultra competitive...and good riddance to him as he was an @ss. Most of the players we have lost were good people, fun to play against. They have all quit and moved on....mostly for those reasons listed.

I even ask my self why. Why do I continue.

Chaplain

Is it even worth trying to still wade into this conversation?

On the one hand you have a large portion of the community saying they want a certain format and balance, that GW isn't providing it and that it is making the game less fun and harming the community.

And on the other you have both GW and fans saying that they don't care, they don't intend it that way, if you leave no one will miss you and if you have a problem solve it yourself.

It's hard to imagine a scenario where a company and it's fanbase take a more self indulgent and dismissive stance. That's always turned out really well in the end... right?
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

unbound is ridiuclous

psychic phase is clunky, ponderous and very easy to abuse.

daemon summoning is a horrible idea

new card objective mechanic strikes me as too random and hinders army building and tactical play.

fluff has gone out the window

those are the key points that have just turned me away from 40k. this edition is a glorified FAQ where instead of fixing the broken things they've made them worse. im not interested in a game where internal balance isn't even attempted, but actively discouraged by the ruleset. where im charged a fortune for army i might not get 2 years out of before a new edition makes it redundant and most importantly for me where i'll be facing armies that are just cobbled together from several factions for the most cheesy combination of rules possible. why even bother with individual codices anymore i can't remember the last time i played a single faction army, now it'll be even worse.

i might still keep my hand in with small kill team games among friends but 40k is now dead to me as a game, its too far gone. it offers me nothing and has shown me theres no hope whatsoever it'll ever be the game it can and should be again. iv'e played 40k man and boy for 20 years and left more than a couple of times to try other things but have always returned. i can't see that happening now.

GW will never learn. its forgotten it's roots and before too long it's roots will forget GW.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast