BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Ahahahaha.... GW listen to players? That will be the day.....
    you never know, they might if they were to get several tons of "hate mail" on their laps
    "I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor".....
    my blog http://madlapsedwargamer.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    Ahahahaha.... GW listen to players? That will be the day.....

On the other hand i LIKE the new edition from the sense everyone can cheese each other fairly!!
    GW does listen to there customers... just not the stupid people who know nothing about running a company and complain about how they think the price should be lowered. do you recall the exsalted flamer that could not be a model with out its chariot? they made a white dwarf book to correct it and give its own statline to be played as a model with out it chariot this was to try and fix the issue that if the chariot moved it could not fire other then snapshots with its blue flames.

GW is run by humans after all people need to stop demanding they do things and request changeis with some exsample to why you feel its unblanced and not the generic "this is broken FIX IT !!"
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Sorry but if you dont see why summoning 2k points of deamons over the course of a game is broken you probably dont deserve to be called a "game designer"

Chapter-Master

GW is run by humans after all people need to stop demanding they do things and request changeis with some exsample to why you feel its unblanced and not the generic "this is broken FIX IT !!"
    Here's a business lesson for you: If you produce a poor quality product, charge a premium for it, and have terrible customer relations, you're doing something wrong.

GW's models are good, but their books are terrible, and for a lot of people 40k is a package deal. It's nice that there are a good number of collectors out there, but there are too many people who actually care about playing the game for GW to be able to afford to lose them. And since this is a package deal, it doesn't matter how good the models are if the rules are terrible. It would be like buying a really nice looking car without a functional engine.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Case in point. Pyrovore looks awesome. Good luck getting people to buy more than one
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Ok counter to your rant

1 Means more options... You have a Leader who comes with a warlord trait why would you need a bound army other then for the claim objective this means you can be creative with your army and its background just the way GW is thinking the game should be more about the narrative then rolling some dice and removing said model sorry but if you don't want substance to the game go play chess...

2 Instead of whining and claiming something is broken how about using tactical know how and figure a way to beat it is that not the hole point of a game with a army not just like the problem we had in 6th deathstars

3 Maybe they had a good reason maybe someone found a way to completely nullify it but you clearly haven't given any reasons to why it is broken.

4 Hmm so basically your telling me because they streamlined the 40k magic phase it is a bad thing so rolling 2 d6 for leadership then the other person rolls a d6 for deny the witch is slower then pooling all your dice and using what you got also onto your rant about Invisibility it can be denied now where it could not before. Here's a tip if they need 3 warp charges and they roll lets say 5 dice get and they rolled let say 6 6 3 1 4 and you roll say 2 deny the witch and get a 6 and a 2 they get perils and fail to cast the ability due to you removed one of there warp charges instead of rolling say 3 deny the witch because he has to get 3 warp charges and wasting your pool of deny the witch dice.

5 You do know they still need mastery lv 3 to use half of those spells so unless they play daemons who have access to mastery lv 3 they are the only ones who can use most of those ability and yes even if pink horrors are a unit of 16 they are still counted as mastery lv 1 they just give the army 3 warp charge to the pool. And if they sacrifice themselves they loose all upgrades and are mastery 2 at most so they loose there ability to use the 3 warp charge ability such as summoning.

6 the chart has been made so if you play with friend's who say have nids and the other plays space marines there's no objection when it comes to the allied but they must deploy 12" away from each other. Ok really now your being silly summoning daemons is how most daemons get into real space you really should read the fluff if you feel this is incorrect even the most loyalist member can be tempted by power for personal gain.

7 New edition with cost about the same but with 3 books in there own respected areas instead of taking a giant *** tome that you will only game with 200 pages and a new phase.

Ok balance you want your playing the wrong game then chess is your game because this game was never designed to have balance in mind or they would have never made other factions other then space marines war is not meant to be fair that is the challenge if you can't accept a challenge and want a I WIN to suit your needs then ask yourself why do you play the game?

I respect your opinion but could you please stop repeating the main GW sorry argument used to explain their complete lack of interest into making this game as balanced as possible?

40k is no chess so what? are you getting paid for repeating such ludicrous idea as 40K can't be balanced? or are you just repeating what you heard here and there coming from people who do NOT want this game to have better rules?

This is completely non sensical.

They don't WANT to invest money into balancing things. Period.
    Broken units allow them to sell. That is all.

and this is NOT acceptable.

If you accept the unforgivable poor quality of GW playtesting (if there's any) , it's your choice but please do not complain about those who are legitimate to complain about it as customers.

There should be a place for all, be they casual or competitive or fluffy players.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Here's a business lesson for you: If you produce a poor quality product, charge a premium for it, and have terrible customer relations, you're doing something wrong.

GW's models are good, but their books are terrible, and for a lot of people 40k is a package deal. It's nice that there are a good number of collectors out there, but there are too many people who actually care about playing the game for GW to be able to afford to lose them. And since this is a package deal, it doesn't matter how good the models are if the rules are terrible. It would be like buying a really nice looking car without a functional engine.
    Ok now your making odd sense you said there models are good but you say they produce poor quality product... That just conflicts itself GW staff make both models and rule books so I am going to refraze what you said you love the staff who sculpt the miniature but you hate the staff who make the books did you know the rules develop have to have a sense of realism to them because after all warhammer 40k is based on what if real life turned out like this in the 40k.

Give me a rule that you feel objected as broken and I will come up with a way to beat it add the army you use and what you went against.

Do you know why people hate some of the rules in the game? It force's them to use there brain and beat a challenge I will give you a prime example of a player who plays the same army as me in my local GW shop.

He plays nurgle daemons he losses a majority of the time because he does not want to deep strike due to the risk and said using icons is silly because if the unit dies you loose the icon. He also said GW was stupid to give all nurgle daemons slow and purposeful and shrouded.

Now to me nurgle units are slow because there decaying and mostly resemble a shambling zombie that makes sense to me and I accept that rule.
    Shrouded is because of the fly's buzzing around them also the smell could be obstructing the aim of say a guardsmen with coughing and vomiting.

I have won almost every game other then facing tau damn gunlines but that's how they play and I have beaten them some times because of getting a model deep strike about 5" away from them in ruins and scaring them off the board next turn with nurglings .
    Last edited by Xaric; 05-25-2014 at 05:29 AM.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

GW is by their own admission both a model making and game design company. darklink is refering to the quality of the "game design" products
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chapter-Master

Wickedgood the OP finished his 'constructive criticism' by stating he hopes the share price falls low enough to get people fired. Hang on - not only does he want people to lose jobs, but he wants the company that produces a product he has elected to no longer use, but that I and hundreds of thousands of others still do, to be damaged?

And you think his histrionic BS doesn't merit some condescension?

Well I hope Wickedgood is kind enough to post the links to the ebays of his armies as he rage quits, and I hope he doesn't let the door hit him on the arse on the way out.
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad78 View Post
    I respect your opinion but could you please stop repeating the main GW sorry argument used to explain their complete lack of interest into making this game as balanced as possible?

40k is no chess so what? are you getting paid for repeating such ludicrous idea as 40K can't be balanced? or are you just repeating what you heard here and there coming from people who do NOT want this game to have better rules?

This is completely non sensical.

They don't WANT to invest money into balancing things. Period.
    Broken units allow them to sell. That is all.

and this is NOT acceptable.

If you accept the unforgivable poor quality of GW playtesting (if there's any) , it's your choice but please do not complain about those who are legitimate to complain about it as customers.

There should be a place for all, be they casual or competitive or fluffy players.
    Then tell me what is balanced in your eyes? Because clearly you seem to have a very high understanding to what balance is yet you give no example or reason to how you state it.

Example of balance on a very basic level take away every rule and replace it with 3 rules rock paper scissors there you go a balance of a game where each player can win or loose because they are completely equal. Now take warhammer 40k we have a total of 17 army's each with there own rules and play styles and you tell me how you can balance said game this is just as bad as the wow forums when people cry because there warrior could not solo 2 druids and demand the druids to be nurfed because there the god of balance.

Non sensical or just you don't want to hear the truth of what you are hearing.

This is how you see it as NOT acceptable you don't speak for the hole community sorry.

I am assuming you are comparing a video game to a game done in reality video games can be play tested by millions of people because its online and available to everyone sometimes free of cost due to free to play so the data is easy to be accumulative in real time to give a more higher scale of how the game could be balanced. But for a game like warhammer GW can only get a very small and limit amount of data due to they don't have access to every play done by people all around the world who play warhammer the only information is via youtube battle reports and real life play in close area to where they are doing research on the balance of the game.

Casual and competitive can never be one and the same Casuals are people who don't have a huge amount of time so they have very little understanding to say someone who is a competitive player who will understand most of the statistics of the game to the point they could destroy a casual player because of the knowledge they have the stuff they learned and the tricks to not brake but find loopholes in the rules.

I hope this information helps.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast