BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Chaos Psychic Focus and thousand sons. (Page 22 big rule book)

Because they are mark of tzeentch does that meen the sorcerer gets 2 powers?
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Because they are mark of tzeentch does that meen the sorcerer gets 2 powers?
    They get the chaos tzeentch primaris for free

Even better that counts as the single tzeentch power they must take therefore they can roll on the Brb tables
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

well that solves the issues about sorcerer sucking
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master

Aye it did, tzeentch ones in particular had pretty much all their major WTF issues adressed by the new rules.
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Even better that counts as the single tzeentch power they must take therefore they can roll on the Brb tables
    Don't they lose the free primaris power once they choose a power from the BRB? The rules state that once you gain a power from any other dicipline for any reason you lose the free primaris power. Appologies if I'm missing something.

Chapter-Master

Chaos casters get a focus specific to them that just gives them the primaris because the rules dont let them take powers from a single discipline

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    Are you sure about that? The codex still says you have to roll for at least one power on the table depending on your mark..

Chapter-Master

Its in the marks rules.

edit: hmm you may have a point, but I believe the section you are refering too can be disregarded as obsolete for a number of reasons reasons.

1) It contains obsolete mechanics for generating powers, as of 7th it is possible to generate powers without rolling for them (and therefore satisfy the rules on page 30 of the CSM codex

2) That section also limits which schools CSMs have access too (which we know has been changed by the BRB therefore setting the precedent for the BRB to change how powers are generated.

3) examples in the BRB on page 23 suggest that Chaos focus does indeed count as automatically generating the god primaris power.

Hopefully the whole thing will be FAQs soon.
    Last edited by daboarder; 05-25-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Chapter-Master

Daemons don't have it as easy because they can only take HALF their powers from the god list, this missing out on the free focus power…. I see a lot of my Tzeentch Daemons taking mostly Divination powers. We'll have to see who gets Demonology. Pink Horrors got a nice boost though - they all get the Tzeentch Primaris for free!
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPaladin View Post
    Daemons don't have it as easy because they can only take HALF their powers from the god list, this missing out on the free focus power…. I see a lot of my Tzeentch Daemons taking mostly Divination powers. We'll have to see who gets Demonology. Pink Horrors got a nice boost though - they all get the Tzeentch Primaris for free!
    They still get the free focus power EP.

Its a chaos specific rule for daemons and CSM that they automatically get their gods primaris, without rolling or anything, as they are specifically prohibited from rolling all powers on a single chart.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast