BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

And since they automatically get the power for free, and they're only required to have one power from their god's chart, they can use their normal rolls on other powers.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    And since they automatically get the power for free, and they're only required to have one power from their god's chart, they can use their normal rolls on other powers.
    So Malefic?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Or divination
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Sorry, where does it say chaos sorcerers get the primaris power for free without having to roll on the tzeentch powers list? I've gone over the codex, brb, and FAQ and can seem to find mention of it. It seems to me that the would only get the psychic focus bonus if they choose all their powers from the tzeentch list.

Quote Originally Posted by NidzillaFTW View Post
    Sorry, where does it say chaos sorcerers get the primaris power for free without having to roll on the tzeentch powers list? I've gone over the codex, brb, and FAQ and can seem to find mention of it. It seems to me that the would only get the psychic focus bonus if they choose all their powers from the tzeentch list.
    It's not actually in the CSM book, it's in 'The Rules' under psychic focus.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    It's not actually in the CSM book, it's in 'The Rules' under psychic focus.
    Well... learning this just made me appreciate Chaos Sorcerers much more than I did previously...

Veteran-Sergeant

Can I just confirm that my CSM Daemon Prince that is level 3 with mark of Nurgle can roll 3 times now on Biomancy and get the Nurgle Primaris power free due to the chaos focus which counts as his one mandatory god specific power and then get Smite for free as he rolled all his (rollable) powers on a single discipline.

Likewise a Horror unit would get a rolled power from Mlific and the malific primaris and flckering fire.

Wow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    Can I just confirm that my CSM Daemon Prince that is level 3 with mark of Nurgle can roll 3 times now on Biomancy and get the Nurgle Primaris power free due to the chaos focus which counts as his one mandatory god specific power and then get Smite for free as he rolled all his (rollable) powers on a single discipline.
    No, because he still needs to roll one Nurgle power. That part has not changed.

Emphasis is on "roll"

Yeah, CSM psykers with a Mark or Daemon Of... automatically get their god's Primaris power, but they must still generate at least one, and may generate up to half, of their powers from their god's psychic discipline by rolling on that table.

Codex: Daemons psykers also get their god's Primaris power automatically, but they are not required to generate any powers from their god's table unless they really want to. Kinda why Daemons Daemon Princes are a notch above CSM Princes (plus the Rewards can be awesome). But CSM Princes can get some good relics and a Familiar, which is quite handy these days!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast