BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    No, because he still needs to roll one Nurgle power. That part has not changed.
    Incorrect in the big rule book on page 22 in the black box with red borders bottom part chaos psychic focus clearly saids that for this exsample if hes a daemon of nurgle because hes a daemon prince of nurgle he automaticly gets the primaris power for nurgle abiltys for free and no he does not need to roll one as it clearly states he must select at least one power from nurgle discipline in the codex for chaos space marines so having the primaris power automatically means you have fulfilled the requirement's.
    Last edited by Xaric; 01-04-2015 at 07:03 AM.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

How about some real rule quotes?

Chaos Psychic Focus
    If a Psyker has a Mark of Chaos or is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God (see Codex: Chaos Space Marines or Codex: Chaos Daemons), that model automatically knows the primaris power of the discipline that corresponds to their patron deity, in addition to any other powers it knows.
    Can you please point out how you ROLL (which obviously includes a dice) the primaris power to fulfill:

If the Psyker has a Mark of Chaos, or is a Daemon of a
    particular Chaos God, they must roll at least one, and may
    roll up to half, of their powers on the table that corresponds
    to thei1 pauon deitv.
    Chaos Daemons from the Codex: Chaos Daemons are a different beast as they do not have such an requirement.

Define select and roll?

Clearly in the entry on page 33 of the daemon prince entry under psyker If the daemon prince is upgraded to a daemon of Tzeentch, Nurgle or Slaanesh, he must also select at least one power from the Tzeentch, Nurgle or Slaanesh disciplines respectively now is the first of all it clearly states select discipline not roll for a power in the discipline and the primaris power is technically a power that belongs to said discipline so by that logic they already have one power from said discipline.

you do know CSM book was designed for 6th edition right? so of corse there will be rules like this.

You still do not "select" a power, you automatically know it. There is no choice involved.

Yes, CSM was designed for 6th edition. Same as most other codices. Doesn't mean you can just ignore their wording.
    If you wish to houserule it, feel free but please don't act as it was actually written in the rules.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Incorrect in the big rule book on page 22 in the black box with red borders bottom part chaos psychic focus clearly saids that for this exsample if hes a daemon of nurgle because hes a daemon prince of nurgle he automaticly gets the primaris power for nurgle abiltys for free and no he does not need to roll one as it clearly states he must select at least one power from nurgle discipline in the codex for chaos space marines so having the primaris power automatically means you have fulfilled the requirement's.
    And the part I referenced is in the Codex which trumps the rulebook when there is a conflict. The Chaos Marine Daemon Prince must still ROLL one Nurgle Power before moving on to another discipline. Chaos Focus is not Rolled for.

Care to show me the rule in the big rule book where it said the codex trumps the rulebook when there is a conflict? because I believe that rule was in the 6th edition rule book but I cant see it in the 7th edition rule book so unless you find the page and evidence where it declares what you are saying is to be true the statement I am about to declare takes priority by logic if a book is more updated to the current date we are at so that would mean the 4th of January 2015 those rules closer to that date take priority thus making the 7th edition rules hold more point over a 6th edition book.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xaric View Post
    Care to show me the rule in the big rule book where it said the codex trumps the rulebook when there is a conflict? because I believe that rule was in the 6th edition rule book but I cant see it in the 7th edition rule book so unless you find the page and evidence where it declares what you are saying is to be true the statement I am about to declare takes priority by logic if a book is more updated to the current date we are at so that would mean the 4th of January 2015 those rules closer to that date take priority thus making the 7th edition rules hold more point over a 6th edition book.
    BRB > General Principles > Basic Versus Advanced, second paragraph, last two sentences:
    "On rare occasions, a conflict will arise between a rule in this rulebook, and one printed in a codex. Where this occurs, the rule printed in the codex or Army List Entry always takes precedence."

Sorry, I'm working off of an eBook right now, as I'm feeling really lazy and don't want to run out in the cold to my car to get out the hardcopy just for a page number.

Rolling on the psychic chart for the appropriate chaos god is just a randomized form of selection. Select does not always mean choose and in this context it does not. So a csm daemon prince must still roll at least once on the table. The csm codex psyker rule also includes models with daemon of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Krungharr View Post
    Rolling on the psychic chart for the appropriate chaos god is just a randomized form of selection. Select does not always mean choose and in this context it does not. So a csm daemon prince must still roll at least once on the table. The csm codex psyker rule also includes models with daemon of.
    You cant roll a primaris power.
    And you could only select a primaris power if you trade it in for another psi-power.
    In fact, you are alread granted the primaris when you write your army list (as it comes with the mark) unlike the rest which is generated before the game starts.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

actually my own thoughts on this are

1) The use of the word roll is ancient terminology and is in contrast to the words "generate" used in the same rule earlier in the book

2) Allowing the free power to NOT count as a roll violates the stipulation that psychers can never have MORE than half their powers. (A ML 1 psyker would have two god powers)

The only way to realistically reconcile the rule within itself is to accept that roll and generate are interchangeable wording
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast