BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Oh, and Grey Knights and Sisters are two peas in a pod, no matter what some random nonsense Ward might throw in.
    Yeah. They use to ally with each other and could have guard allies. Damon ward decided it would be cool to dump.on the sisters.

I'm actually excited about 7th since I wanted to bring back my old ally army list. I would get 7th and read it before.trying to do anything with sisters.

If you've old.school sisters I would.pick.up the inquisition codex which would allow you to.run old sister.type.list. now that you can take guard, marine, or weeknight allies as battle brothers you can pretty much generate old sister type list now, or change it up.

Brother-Sergeant

I have the Aegis and that should surface as a fortification. I'm leaning towards SM for the allies as a filler. GW does not have much available and third parties want an arm and a leg.

Chaplain

Luckily the full line of Sisters are still mostly available. I think over the years they have only ever discontinued a few of the Sister Superior type models and variants. That said, they're prices are insane compared to 8 years ago, especially considering the molds were mostly made in 1997 and have long since been payed for. eBay in bulk is now the way to go or resin copies which you can find floating around the web...

Grey Knights are probably the best allies as they offer great protection from Deepstrike which Sisters have none. You can also always use your Sisters as counts as Inquisitorial Henchmen.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Veteran-Sergeant

With the new battle brothers rule you can finally put repentia in a land raider! GKs would be my first choice as allies. Having a full army of adamant will models sounds great in this addition. I'm really looking forward to getting my sisters going again all thanks to 7th!

Veteran-Sergeant

I started buying some Sisters, mostly because I like the aesthetic of the Nuns with Guns when everyone else is running SPESS MEHREEENS!!! I just have a Sister Superior with chainsword and bolt pistol, a heavy flamer, a melta, and 3 extra Sisters with bolters so far. I want to eventually run 2 small squads in Immolators, and bring a couple Exorcists along to play, as an optional allied force for any IoM army I may build.
    "Tothe" rhymes with "cloth."

I started using my Repentia as a Priestess with a eviscerator. Gets me more use of the models.

Scout

Even now it's hard to go wrong with dominions in immolators.

That sad, I've always thought Black Templars would be great as allies.

Quote Originally Posted by dpal666 View Post
    Even now it's hard to go wrong with dominions in immolators.

That sad, I've always thought Black Templars would be great as allies.
    I dusted off my old Sisters as well- I had about 1000 points worth left from about 10 years ago. The main change I made was to get some more immolators, as with the new codex you can take minimum 5 woman squads rather than 10, and can really do a great MSU army. I run at least 3 squads of 5-6 sisters, plus a command squad with some priests, and always a squad of seraphim. One of the cooler updates to the Sisters is that they can take an Avenger Strike Fighter for their Heavy Support, which is a great choice, if your local scene is cool with Forgeworld.

For allies, I think the simplest (and probably coolest) way to go would be to simply buy an Imperial Knight.That will get you to 1500 with one purchase.

The Sisters had all sorts of far-flung convents and shrine worlds, why not have one of them be on a Knight World that the Emperor visited during the wars of Reunification...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12