BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chaplain

Default Overlooked 7th edition changes

In all the hullabaloo over 7th edition's changes to Psykers and Allies has anyone noticed any more subtle changes from 6th edition?

I got to flip through someone's copy at a store and noticed a couple of things. Characters don't seem to have the Precision Shots or Strikes rule anymore as I didn't see it in the Character section. Night Fighting now only gives Stealth though it does that at all ranges.

Any other changes people have noticed?

Chaplain

Forgot that Sniper weapons no longer have a chance Rending, they just get AP 2. Makes them about useless against vehicles and not quite as nice against tough creatures without the Rending auto wound but still nice.

Also, Fearless doesn't help against Pinning. That seems a bit odd since a Fearless unit can't Go to Ground.

Battle-Brother

I may have missed it in my game yesterday, but I couldnt find anything saying barrage weapons are restricted to only hitting the highest level of ruins.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    Forgot that Sniper weapons no longer have a chance Rending, they just get AP 2.
    Not having the book yet, do you mean instead of having Rending they're now like Monofilament/Bladestorm and become AP2 on a to-wound roll of 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    Not having the book yet, do you mean instead of having Rending they're now like Monofilament/Bladestorm and become AP2 on a to-wound roll of 6?
    It is indeed like monofilament; AP2 on a To Wound of 6. And I don't see why Dave is saying sniper is less effective against MCs, they still always wound on a 4+. And while there's no longer rending to help against vehicles, Sniper Weapons are now S4 against vehicles, which is still worse than rending(the old 3 + 6 + d3 would mean you could pen up to armor 11 if you got lucky, now you can only glance up to AV10).

Another thing that may have been overlooked, the No Escape rule on template weapons. If a template passes over an open topped vehicle or a fire point on a building(not on a close topped vehicle, I should note), the unit inside suffers d6 hits with the weapon's profile. Ouch.

Nice! Take that, Dark Eldar! Hellhounds just became horrible!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by jd2x.pacman View Post
    I may have missed it in my game yesterday, but I couldnt find anything saying barrage weapons are restricted to only hitting the highest level of ruins.
    I also can't find this in the new book. In 6th it was buried in the rules for ruins, but it's not there or under barrage that I can see.

Yeah. Just great. Dark Eldar basically got deleted this edition.
    No more jink, no more +1 to jink when moving flat out, templates killing embarked models, no psychic defense,... well done GW.

Battle-Brother

Everyone went crazy about excess wounds from challenges spilling into the unit, but it also works the other way - if the rest of the unit has excess wounds on the unit (that is, kills everyone not in the challenge) the rest spill into the opposing challenger. So you can't use a super-tough single model to tarpit a huge unit anymore.

ALL difficult terrain gives a 5+ cover save. Having a toe in ruins is an auto 6+ cover save regardless of height of model, ditto with ruins/rubble for 5+. And both get a double GTG bonus.
    -Pete B. Owner, Silver Compass Designs
    www.SilverCompassDesigns.com - your source for precision lasered gaming gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Yeah. Just great. Dark Eldar basically got deleted this edition.
    No more jink, no more +1 to jink when moving flat out, templates killing embarked models, no psychic defense,... well done GW.
    Still have Jink. And you get the same Jink save you used to get from Flat Out whenever you do Jink.

Template weapons? Yeah that's nasty. But it's not as if you can't have a crack at killing them before they're in range.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast