BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

Ok enough "fun". Let us keep it on topic without the misogyny either jokingly or seriously left elsewhere.
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Chapter-Master

They're clearly all going to die horribly, everybody knows female armour works by not covering and allowing the female form the freedom to exploit its natural dexterity...

Nice heads though, and interesting lasguns.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I approve.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    Ok enough "fun". Let us keep it on topic without the misogyny either jokingly or seriously left elsewhere.
    Hi Mr fun Police you look like a MOD with your Bold letters
    Good I am one - Wolfie
    Thouoght you where MOD have a way of being 'fun'.

The dark skinned girl in the first pic is a great conversion has anyone noticed the Rod of Asclepius on her shoulder. Very clever and heretical. BURN THE WITCH!
    Last edited by dubhgilla; 05-27-2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Talking to myself

Chapter-Master

*cough* he is a mod *cough*

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

he is one

York, I could have sworn I posted here before, but nice work, they look great man. question, bifrost? are you planning on drawing on nordic roots for your army? maybe a bit of fur lining and the like on the characters?
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Banned

@dub - that arm is a piece from the IG command kit so yeah... good work bro

They look good Yorkie, Statuesque makes great minis good to see them getting some love. Will you be using the helmeted / hatted heads on other squads?

However, Bifrost IG..where is this planet of Asgardian Beauties??
    [url]http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Bifrost[/url]

They're a very minor IG regiment - literally all the detail that exists is their name and that they fought in the 13th Black Crusade.

question, bifrost? are you planning on drawing on nordic roots for your army? maybe a bit of fur lining and the like on the characters?
    They're part of my ongoing 40K/Dark Heresy campaign blog. If you want more detail, they were covered right near the start: [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/entry.php?8520-Warhammer-40-000-Campaign-The-Kepler-Covenant-Part-6-The-Bifrost-Imperial-Guard[/url]

Long story short: they fought in the 13th Black Crusade on a planet called Albitern. This made them excellent city fighters, but also deeply traumatised. After the war was 'won' they just went AWOL, refusing to fight again due to the influence of a secret cult called the Order of the White Feather, which had infected them with heretical notions (which went by the names 'pacifism' and 'democracy'). They ended up on a planet called Kepler 22b, one of the earliest colonised planets and long-forgotten, where they allied with the local Tau and Necrons, who - it turns out after a few skirmishes - also subscribe to these notions - almost like the various species were supposed to meet; as though someone or something arranged for them all to meet there at the same time and forge an alliance...

So yeah, the idea isn't so much Nordic as 'What would happen if there was a faction that truly believed in inter-species co-operation?'

And yes, of course, there is a huge evil conspiracy that's brought all these guys together - and for bloody once, it's not Chaos either!

As for fur-lining on the characters, well, the Commander looks like this:

So probably not, no.

With the Bifrosti, it's more about the ideas in modern Norway, Sweden and Scandinavia - the fact that the they're the world's only real bastions of left-wing political thinking and implementation. I don't see why something can't be Nordic without looking to their past and going full-on Viking. It's like: is the modern world not interesting enough? Anyway, I live in Yorkshire - I've got enough Viking stuff in my life already!

Will you be using the helmeted / hatted heads on other squads?
    Not until Statuesque produces helmetted heads in heroic scale - their current helmetted heads are true-scale, and thus look wonky on 40K models.
    Last edited by YorkNecromancer; 05-27-2014 at 06:18 AM.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Chapter-Master

next step—give them helmets! Not everyone is a hero, you know...
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

next step—give them helmets! Not everyone is a hero, you know...
    Not until Statuesque produces helmetted heads in heroic scale - their current helmetted heads are true-scale, and thus look wonky on 40K models. My Milliput/GS skills, while fairly okay, are not up to sculpting helmets, and frankly the fewer things that look like absolute turd in my army, the better.
    AUT TACE AUT LOQUERE MELIORA SILENTIO

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast