BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But what of those who don't currently play Daemons?

The models are all quite nice (literally just sold my Daemons, really enjoyed building them. Balancing my finances, ready for LARP season, rather than 7th Ed ) and convert well too.

That's a lot of people now able to field them that couldn't before. Potential sales a-go-go.

Matter of taste. I always had some daemons for my CSM army. Didnt bother buy new ones as they do not compare to the older ones. Greater Daemons where always ugly (and I have to say I liked the old metal Keeper and Lord still more than the new ones) and the previous lesser daemons where really really good.
    I dislike the current daemonettes and bloodletters...

Must get my bro to count how many Diazmonettes we have between us. Can never bloody remember if it's 20, 30 or 40!

Agree on the GD's. Apart from the Great Unclean One, which is still suitably gribbly. Rest are bobbins. Including the Lord of Change (Kairos excepted)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Still dont know why they discarded these beauties

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daemonettes_miniatures.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	8990

or these fiends

Name:	Bloodletters.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	8991

Never liked those Bloodletters. Only ones that didn't have the sword. And much too muscly and bulky. I much prefer the gangly ones!

I think the real beauty of the current plastic Daemons is that they can sit alongside any of their predecessor sculpts without sticking out like a sore thumb.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

The ones before had even more muscles
    The ganly ones are more like the early 2nd edition ones... never saw them fitting as Khorne always was a more "physical" god with strong warriors and not warped slendermen who look like they cant even lift their sword.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Still dont know why they discarded these beauties

Name:	Daemonettes_miniatures.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	8990
    If these gals were still available, I'd be investing heavily in Slaanesh, not focusing on Tzeentch.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    But what of those who don't currently play Daemons?

The models are all quite nice (literally just sold my Daemons, really enjoyed building them. Balancing my finances, ready for LARP season, rather than 7th Ed ) and convert well too.

That's a lot of people now able to field them that couldn't before. Potential sales a-go-go.
    What about them? I feel sorry for them if they rush in to buy Daemons based on this bait and switch. We all know from experience that this isn't going to last longer than 4-6 months. I would tell anyone new wanting to get into Daemons that they should buy from Ebay first. They can get entire armies at 50-75% off and start with them painted in many cases. And in fact, that is exactly the direction I push new players. Older players already know.

First-Captain

I'll hold off getting or model anything till I fully digest 7th and read a few reports. That being said the models I was going to buy was the models I was thinking of getting before 7th came out, just 7th seemed to shout buy ke more.

Honestly I been staying away from my daemons since they cause more rage quitting than my Tau. My Tau is better, yet given the option people rather face my Tau over my Daemons. I admit I probably wouldn't want to be on the other side of daemons and playing against other daemon players with daemons simply i snt fun.

The problem I have is making a fun list, that can win, and have the units I like in it. I typically won't use a unit I don't like how it looks. For example I don't like how nurgle daemons look and don't use them. However I have a cool looking Nurgle prince. Although I have to admit I still rarely field it.

However for example I use stealth suits, and sniper drones in my Tau army. Anyway even though I run 3 plasma sentinels, Way ran 3 before they got a lot cheaper.

I want to make sure that if I want to run a sentinel army or a Thunderwolf army I want to make sure it's legal.

Chapter-Master

I have decided to start Daemons as a result of the release of Daemonology, but honestly I did it because my three favorite things in wargaming are allowing my guys to move in unusual ways, forcing my opponent's guys to move in unusual ways, and summoning new guys onto the battlefield. It would take Malfic Daemonology being removed from the game entirely or Daemons somehow losing it altogether to ruin my fun.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

First-Captain

Personally I liked the old daemon rules where you had to deep strike in with half your army. I can say against armies like Tau I was wiping out 1/2 the army most of the time before they even had a chance to shoot at me, helped to have flamers and be able to move models.

Anyway i probably will retire playing daemons awhile since no one I know really wants to fight daemons and the new rules just make it harder. It's bad when the people who didn't mind the grey knights mind the daemons.

Although I do have a hard time vs armies like Tau, depends on who goes first really.

Anyway I did want to say I think the newer daemon models look a lot better than the older ones. Maybe excluding the daemonettes though. I like the Tzeentch wizard or what ever for fantasy. I took some fantasy exclusive models and used them as heralds. I also converted the guy withthe sword and shield into a slaanesh Herald on steed. I plan to ge my hands on the nurgle one and do the same thing one day.

Again I am leaning towards guard/ sisters/ and grey knights for 7th. Heck I might throw in space marines, I wouldn't be surprised if I decided to do guard/ sisters/ marines. I'm not sure but I do want to run a full humanity army which seem like it might be possible. Would be cool to have Inquisition/ guard/ marines/ grey knights/ sisters in one army.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516