BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default THe new edition and competitive gamers- just play the game or don't

I have read numerous posts here since the new edition dropped, including goatboys, "what will we do now" article. I feel the need to reply.
    I have been in this game since around 93, whatever edition that would be. I have read countless "sky is falling" posts and articles every time a new edition comes out and it gets old. Just play the game. GW has always said they are a beer and pretzels game, always. I know people don't like to hear that and it's a oft used mantra but its a fact, don't try to make the game something it's not. sorry, if you don't like it paint up some minis and use them on a chess board. It really bugs me that goatboy had to sit down with a group of gamers and hash out what would be "appropriate" to field in games, come on. The rules just came out! who are you to decide what goes and what doesn't? Why even bother? I rarely, if ever see any of these "uber" lists within my gaming community and I would think that if you are a WAAC player then you should be able to accept what comes at you and do something to counter it.
    Don't tell me what is acceptable to allow in the game and then post a 3 helldrake list. Is what is acceptable to you whatever doesn't threaten whatever cool, new list you came up with today?

People forget to read all the rules sometimes, every single edition since at least 4th has contained a section on the Spirit of the game, about fun, narrative storytelling and respect for your opponent, trying to WAAC and then saying you're following the rules is an utter fallacy.

Chapter-Master

Did you mean to post this in the 40K forum?
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD