BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Blast, Template & Barrage - Ruin levels in 7th?

So, I can't seem to find any information on multi-leveled ruins and how Blast & Barrage affect them.

I remember you used to have to pick a level and all that, but there is no reference to this at all in the new book!!?!

Any ideas?

Barrage was always top level, blast was pick a level but scattering off wouldn't hit models bellow, and templates was up to two levels higher then the user? and ya the new book is worse I feel then the 6th book for finding rules.

Chapter-Master

It seems like none of these rules apply. You can no longer hide your models under ruin levels, or scatter them throughout a ruin to limit the effect of blast templates.

On the other hand, it no longer matters that barrages hit from the hole in the center of the blast marker. You always get your 4+ cover save, even if your model isn't obscured from the point of view of the shooter.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Lovely. Hello Wyverns.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Probably why they've changed ruins to 'area terrain' effectively. To make wyverns and similar more useful. Did anyone notice the potential 'hint' at new models in the new rule book? A flyer that also has the 'tank' rule? I don't know of any right now.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Veteran-Sergeant

Ceastus assault ram,

Awesome. So blast and barrage just became more broken.