BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Putting my money where my mouth is - A challenge!

Hiya

So, this Malefic Daemon summoning circus thing.

I don't suppose anyone UK based would have an existing army suitable for actually playing?

I really, really want to go up against it, just to see what happens. I'll be fielding my Necrons as they're now my sole 40k army...

I can go up to around 2,500 comfortably, but will match whatever. And rest of BoLS? Got a points value you regularly play at? Let me know. Might be mileage in matching that for the trial.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I have started playing at 1200, we're finding it a really good points value, can't get all the toys and still have some points for something fun.

I'm specifically meaning a Daemon Army capable of being geared toward mass summoning. I'm of the opinion that while potentially nasty, it's really not all that bad. But I need to play against it.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

I'm trying that tomorrow night at 1200 points, with a friend of mine, we are also restricting to one COmbined arms detachment as per the WHW tournament rules update.

Chaplain

Mr. M, there are plenty of battle reps showing examples of it being over the top, even video evidence. Yet you can't believe GW screwed up on a large facet of 7th edition so you have to see for yourself?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denial.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	8978
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Battle reports where we can't see if they're even using the rules properly, the ones I had seen have had several rules mistakes in.

The game is less than a week old, its far far too early to call anything broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Mr. M, there are plenty of battle reps showing examples of it being over the top, even video evidence. Yet you can't believe GW screwed up on a large facet of 7th edition so you have to see for yourself?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	denial.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	8978
    Yup. Call me old fashioned, but I don't believe 99.9% of the stuff on the interwebs, on account it's the interwebs. Plus, I really, REALLY want to try this out. I reckon I can handle it, easy. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. Won't know until I've given it a bash now, will I?

And as Lord Asterion says....Bat reps where we can't even guarantee, or safely say, the game took place. All part of the growing influence of my professional life on my gaming life I'm afraid. Suspicious bloke is suspicious!

Brother-Captain

I've just done the math on the other thread, based entirely on averages of course, but IF you take a tzeench army geared ENTIRELY towards summoning and IF you think about it you really can chuck out an obscene number of models per turn.
    But honestly I can't see it being fun for either player, and it'll be financially insane.
    Wolfman of the Horsepack of Derailment
    The artist formerly known as "WTF you can't say that!"

Yes. And I'm so afraid of being wrong, I've put my nadgers on the block, willing to see what actually happens.

If you have nothing constructive to add to this open topic, then please refrain from posting.

Chaplain

I'd actually like to see a battle report if you don't mind, Mystery. To me, the demon summoner sounds like a terrible army to play against. The demon summoner's psyker phase is going to be as exciting as watching someone play solitaire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast