BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Ahriman can now cast 3 of the same psychic power in the psychic phase. He also has access to Divination.

THOUSAND SONS PLAYERS REJOICE
    3 of the same witchfire, not any. And no he doesn't. The reference in the psyker card deck is misleading, unless updated in the FAQ(like everyone was to get access to daemonology) you're still bound by what powers the unit entry says you can generate.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    The did, by saying that all of them do. It's the very first thing under the Amendments heading.

"Any model with the Psyker or Brotherhood of Sorcerers special rule may generate powers from the Daemonology discipline in addition to the others listed in their Army List Entry."

Or are you saying you're disappointed that that's how they did it?
    Let me check...

Actually, I'd missed that.

Yes, I'm disappointed by that decision. I had just started collecting Daemons because summoning looked like so much fun. Now everyone's going to think I'm some kind of WAAC bandwagoner...
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    3 of the same witchfire, not any. And no he doesn't. The reference in the psyker card deck is misleading, unless updated in the FAQ(like everyone was to get access to daemonology) you're still bound by what powers the unit entry says you can generate.
    Aww, my excitement got ahead of me...

And whatevs, I'm going by the psychic card deck, else why would they have even made it like that?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    The Eldar one makes no sense.

The Runes of Warding rules are terribly written... I have no idea what it means.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you 7th edition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, wtf, do they deny on like a 4+ on each dice? Do they count as getting +2 successful deny dice? What?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DrBored View Post
    Aww, my excitement got ahead of me...

And whatevs, I'm going by the psychic card deck, else why would they have even made it like that?

yeah all chaos psychers have access to demonology..... they also automatically get the primaris of their chosen mark for free (with the mark obvs) and if you dedicate yourself to another discipline other than your gods you get another primaris on top of that. lots to choose from

- - - Updated - - -

still no clarification on how shadow in the warp works...... hum

My notes:

GK:
    They now have whirlwind and Vindicator listed (not that it automatically means anything, but BA & SW have all their units listed in a similar manner).

All psychic GK HQ's got daemonology (sanctic), divination, pyromancy, telekinesis and telepathy to choose from (and lose their own).

Basically all troops, elites, fast & heavies (including dreadknights) knows banishment and hammerhand (from sanctic daemonology) - dunno how this helps dreadknights... :P
    - crowe and purifiers know also cleansing flame..

Grey Knights cannot use / choose any psychic powers from their book (bye bye quicksilver )

Brotherhood banner no longer auto-passes the Force-test (dunno how good this will be given you lose 1 force weap and only get +1A for the rest of the squad..)

Rhinos, razorbacks, both types of dreadnoughts, landraiders & stormravens get sanctuary (6++ save)

EDIT: It's also interesting notion that most FAQs that have unit types listed out does not make any notion of "independent" in characters..
    Last edited by Wildcard; 05-27-2014 at 12:05 PM.

For the non-6th Book crowd......shouldn't be long until you're updated.

From my count? Blangels, Spwolves, GK-nigits, Dark Eldar and Necrons. That's all that's left in the paperback (not counting Orks, as they're out well soon!)
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

"not long" is an understatement
    I expect my codex in around 6 - 10 months if they keep the pace.

Chapter-Master

Brotherhood banners are still good. Even in a small unit, you net extra attacks, and in a big unit you get a ton extra.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    "not long" is an understatement
    I expect my codex in around 6 - 10 months if they keep the pace.
    What army (or indeed armies) is that you normally field?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast