BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Chapter-Master

Their one single purpose is to get people to give GW a bit more money. And it's not like this is GW's first typo in a premium-priced product.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Shut View Post
    Is it just me or do FAQed psychic power cards defeat the one single purpose these cards have?
    I applied the FAQ for the Banishment psychic card with a sharpie. Done.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by MajorWesJanson View Post
    I applied the FAQ for the Banishment psychic card with a sharpie. Done.
    I'm going to try to find/make a tiny sticker, so I can pull it off if they change it again later.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I didn't say that it made sense. I just said that you still need the balestar to get div. The brb chart is basically irrelevant. Just look at the unit entry to see what you can get.
    I agree with Darklink.

If it was the other way around, my Warlocks could take divination "because the BRB says so"
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    I agree with Darklink.
    This is the same logic I was using to argue that maybe not everyone in the Daemon codex would get Daemonology. It turned out that my guess was wrong, but the logic is still sound.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Chapter-Master

Now it's more relevant since the faqs have updated everyone's powers. Really, for a short time it was reasonable to argue everyone got divination.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

It appears that that card wasn't about every psyker in an army gaining access to all those disciplines, but noting which armies already have access to those disciplines, even if it's limited to a single model. So Space Marines had a check under Divination not because all Librarians gained Divination, but because Tigurius has access to it. Likewise, Crimson Slaughter have access to it, therefore Chaos Space Marines got a check mark placed under that. A little bit more clarity upfront would've been nice, but at least they release these FAQ's fairly promptly.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    It appears that that card wasn't about every psyker in an army gaining access to all those disciplines, but noting which armies already have access to those disciplines, even if it's limited to a single model. So Space Marines had a check under Divination not because all Librarians gained Divination, but because Tigurius has access to it. Likewise, Crimson Slaughter have access to it, therefore Chaos Space Marines got a check mark placed under that. A little bit more clarity upfront would've been nice, but at least they release these FAQ's fairly promptly.
    That logic is false, by that logic Chaos should have access to all discipline since we have relics and characters that generate powers from all disciplines.

GW doesnt acknowledge that some of the rules they write are useless therefore they would see no distinction between the balestar and the scrolls
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    That logic is false, by that logic Chaos should have access to all discipline since we have relics and characters that generate powers from all disciplines.
    Or they're distinguishing between a wargear item which provides a totally random selection? That's hardly the same thing as having the option to pick a specific discipline which you want. And is there a character which has access to the the Telekinesis discipline? Because I'm not aware of one, and that happens to be the one discipline which is checked off on the Quick Reference Chart card that came with the deck.

GW doesnt acknowledge that some of the rules they write are useless therefore they would see no distinction between the balestar and the scrolls
    It strikes me as pretty hypocritical that you don't see the pretty hefty distinction between the two.
    Last edited by The Emperor; 06-03-2014 at 08:20 AM.

The codex and FAQ specifically state what powers a pskyer can take, the rule book says they can only take powers the unit is specified as being able to take, there is literally no argument here.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456