BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default 7th Ed FAQ submission compilation.

It's a bit like NOW! Music, but not quite as frequent....

So the (primarily) Errata and FAQ's are up. But not yet for the rulebook.

Time to list our questions I guess. After all, if we can get an organised approach, we might just get an answer*

Kicking off.....

Conjured Flying Monstrous Creatures (via Possession). They're specified as Deep Striking. Does this mean they come on Gliding, or can they come on Swooping? This can make a serious difference to how pokey that power is.

Conjuring in general. This power has a range. Does that mean a unit locked in combat therefore cannot make use of Conjuration? Again, another question with serious implications.

Over to you. Please only try to answer them if you have page references. Our opinions are one thing, but actual existing rule quotations are quite another.

*Remember, this does not necessarily mean the answer you actually want or expect!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    It's a bit like NOW! Music, but not quite as frequent....

So the (primarily) Errata and FAQ's are up. But not yet for the rulebook.

Time to list our questions I guess. After all, if we can get an organised approach, we might just get an answer*

Kicking off.....

Conjured Flying Monstrous Creatures (via Possession). They're specified as Deep Striking. Does this mean they come on Gliding, or can they come on Swooping? This can make a serious difference to how pokey that power is.

Conjuring in general. This power has a range. Does that mean a unit locked in combat therefore cannot make use of Conjuration? Again, another question with serious implications.

Over to you. Please only try to answer them if you have page references. Our opinions are one thing, but actual existing rule quotations are quite another.

*Remember, this does not necessarily mean the answer you actually want or expect!
    The Flying Monterous Creature question is answered: Pg.68 - Deployment

I don't see anything preventing Psykers from casting all of the different types of powers in melee.

Good spot on the Deployment. Cheers dude (may have already asked GW...) Has left we with the mental impression of the Possessing Daemon running out of the Warp, still pulling it's trousers on, trailing bog roll. But clear rule is clear!

Witchfires you would assume they can't as they're sort of a shooting attack. It's more there's nothing said either way that I want it clarified, rather than trying to justify a particular reading of my own
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 05-27-2014 at 01:19 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Can ics with infiltrate join a unit that doesn't have infiltrate and still infiltrate.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

[QUOTE=DarkLink;424892]Can ics with infiltrate join a unit that doesn't have infiltrate and still infiltrate.[/QUO

+1 I can't believe this is still unanswered.

I'm happy they can't, but seems valid enough to go on the list.

Chaplain

How about "if a stationary vehicle fires an Ordnance weapon do all the other weapons on the vehicle have to use Snap Shots?"

Taken as a whole rules section it sounds like you can fire everything to full effect (page 486 of the Ibooks codex, Moving and Shooting with Vehicles). The hotlink in the Heavy vehicles for Stationary says it may fire all its weapons. Forge World said you can in an email. Intent and the pictures of LR tanks also favors this. But 90% of the internet says if a vehicle fires Ordnance then all other weapons must fire as Snap Shots because of one line in the middle of one paragraph.

I would REALLY like an official word one way or the other on this since GW seems to ignore me when I write them.

Just needs the semi-organised approach.

Not sure whether we should steer clear of offering an opinion and just stick to a straight forward question or not though.

Most of the stuff asked so far does have an answer of a sort within the rulebook, but yeah, a little clarity rarely hurts (I would say never, but then just how much falling out a third floor hurts is a form of life-clarification, likely to hurt a lot)

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Can ics with infiltrate join a unit that doesn't have infiltrate and still infiltrate.
    The Infiltrate rule itself says "Units that contain at least one model with this special rule" so I do not see a reason they would not be able to.
    Richard | Co-Host: Preferred Enemies Podcast | www.preferredenemies.com

Battle-Brother
    Northern Quebec, Mistissini (near Chibougamau)

Witchfires are shooting attacks, specifically stated under there description, as is that they cannot be used while in combat. No other type of power has this caveat so as long as range is satisfied I read as go for it. ebook location 6044

Shooting with vehicles clearly states that ordinance shots reduce all other shots to snap shots, found under the section stating vehicles are relentless. ebook location 7677

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast