BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

That is a fair point. But does the character being in a challenge still remove them from the unit for the purposes of determining things like majority WS?
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Chapter-Master

It doesn't explicitly state that it does for the unit outside the challenge, but it does explicitly state that as being the case for the characters in the challenge.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Don't know on the powers bit, I imagine since they get 'Hammerhand' or 'Sanctuary' they just use the same as Grey Knights, so Sanctic. The sword I would imagine is deliberate, since they are able to take a Nemesis Daemonhammer like the GK's use. Or a Daemonsword.
    But the Inquisition FAQ doesn't exist so nothing states for them what powers they can or can't take. We can't just assume they use the same powers as the Grey Knight FAQ because they are separate but similar codex. For the time being Inq are stuck with their few codex powers which are significantly worse than those in the book.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    But the Inquisition FAQ doesn't exist so nothing states for them what powers they can or can't take. We can't just assume they use the same powers as the Grey Knight FAQ because they are separate but similar codex. For the time being Inq are stuck with their few codex powers which are significantly worse than those in the book.
    On the one hand I would agree but:

"May upgrade to a Psyker (Mastery Level 1), with either the Hammerhand or Psychic Communion psychic power - Censored"
    Games Workshop Ltd. Codex: Inquisition (Kindle Locations 1632-1633).

This realy says they get the same as they do in the GK codex, which may be why they didn't get an FAQ. In fact, as clear as that is do they even need one, both those powers are in Sanctic are they not?

Also of course there was no 'hardback' of the I codex, so any changes may be in the download already; But found this also in the codex:

"An Inquisitor with Mastery Level 1 can exchange his psychic power for a single roll on either the Divination, Pyromancy or Telekinesis disciplines."

Games Workshop Ltd. Codex: Inquisition (Kindle Locations 1635-1636).
    Last edited by John Bower; 06-15-2014 at 08:17 AM.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    On the one hand I would agree but:

"May upgrade to a Psyker (Mastery Level 1), with either the Hammerhand or Psychic Communion psychic power - Censored"
    Games Workshop Ltd. Codex: Inquisition (Kindle Locations 1632-1633).

This realy says they get the same as they do in the GK codex, which may be why they didn't get an FAQ. In fact, as clear as that is do they even need one, both those powers are in Sanctic are they not?

Also of course there was no 'hardback' of the I codex, so any changes may be in the download already; But found this also in the codex:

"An Inquisitor with Mastery Level 1 can exchange his psychic power for a single roll on either the Divination, Pyromancy or Telekinesis disciplines."

Games Workshop Ltd. Codex: Inquisition (Kindle Locations 1635-1636).
    Thanks, I didn't catch that part. My brain is still in 5th edition haha. Then yes I would say that they may use the chart in the BRB and replace their powers.

However, they COULD keep their original powers in the codex, although, there really wouldn't be any reason to IMO.

The real trouble is though that an Inquisitor from codex Grey Knights can use Sanctic powers without any penalty while one from Inquisition will perils on any double roll.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Thanks, I didn't catch that part. My brain is still in 5th edition haha. Then yes I would say that they may use the chart in the BRB and replace their powers.

However, they COULD keep their original powers in the codex, although, there really wouldn't be any reason to IMO.

The real trouble is though that an Inquisitor from codex Grey Knights can use Sanctic powers without any penalty while one from Inquisition will perils on any double roll.
    I'm guessing since you get those powers; you wouldn't perils because the Inquisitor is .. well, Inquisition and mostly use the same rules as GK Inquisitors. The other Inquisitors may struggle though. Besides that there are better powers to use, and really the best one to have is Prescience, you don't need a lot for an Inquisitorial detachment; though I can't see how they ever get to be Battleforged with no troops even though their elites are scoring. But just take the Inquisitor, most other stuff you need can be got from other codices.

Chaplain

I have a couple of questions;

I mounted my Warlock mounted jet bikes on the upper levels of some ruins for a shot at a tank and its top deck armour rather than the front armour. In the last book top deck was the same as side armour. Now there is no reference to top deck and my opponent argued that I hit the facing front armour when shooting down on his tank. It seems the rule book has left this one in the air. so we settled it in the time honoured fashion of rolling a dice. But it leads me to wonder if barrage weapons now hit only front or side armour despite the fact that it is plunging fire meant to strike from above. Seems to me GW got lazy in this book.

The other question is, Ork Kopters can carry a big bomb, but the codex does not seem to describe delivery. The rule book only refers to flyers which need to be zooming to deliver. So do Kopters do a 12" bombing run as per their movement phase or a turbo boost run as a bomber? Or something else?

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

their never was a "top" armour value, weapons that would concievably hit the top used to specify that they hit "side" armour, and those that would normally be expected to hit below would hit "rear". This was however case specific for the relevant rule, otherwise its whatever armour facing "section" your in, regardess of height/visibility
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Chaplain

By the way, I read something posted earlier that said an IC can not join a unit before the game and thus the unit can not infiltrate with the IC. The IC rules state that the IC can start the game as a part of a unit, pg 166 hard copy rules, you just have to notify your opponent before the game begins. Further as a model with the infiltrate rule confers it to the unit he is with, you can infiltrate a unit with the IC that will not otherwise be allowed this rule, page 167 hard copy rules.

And I was blown away to find a vehicle can jink without any movement. For Serpents I guess it's because they are all shimmery with that shield on full.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gargoyle View Post
    I have a couple of questions;

I mounted my Warlock mounted jet bikes on the upper levels of some ruins for a shot at a tank and its top deck armour rather than the front armour. In the last book top deck was the same as side armour. Now there is no reference to top deck and my opponent argued that I hit the facing front armour when shooting down on his tank. It seems the rule book has left this one in the air. so we settled it in the time honoured fashion of rolling a dice. But it leads me to wonder if barrage weapons now hit only front or side armour despite the fact that it is plunging fire meant to strike from above. Seems to me GW got lazy in this book.

The other question is, Ork Kopters can carry a big bomb, but the codex does not seem to describe delivery. The rule book only refers to flyers which need to be zooming to deliver. So do Kopters do a 12" bombing run as per their movement phase or a turbo boost run as a bomber? Or something else?
    Probably Turbo boost since that was what it always was.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast