BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Do 2 joined IC's in a unit count as one unit or 2 for purposes of casting the same psychic power?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thanoson View Post
    Do 2 joined IC's in a unit count as one unit or 2 for purposes of casting the same psychic power?
    Why wouldn't they? Where can you demonstrate that they are, indeed, more than one unit?

Quote Originally Posted by thanoson View Post
    As the rule states on page 24 at the bottom in the part manifesting psychic powers in bold no unit can attempt to manifest the same psychic power more then once per psychic phase.

So if the two IC are in the same unit at any given time of that turns psychic phase you can only cast that power if they both have it once and only once until one or the other brakes off from the unit to become a unit of its own.
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Why wouldn't they? Where can you demonstrate that they are, indeed, more than one unit?
    You were apart of that discussion on the other site. You know, loose interpretations and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Houghten View Post
    I would have said something more along the lines of "if the vehicle passes the save, neither the vehicle nor the passengers are hit" rather than the passengers each being granted the vehicle's save...
    Judging by the process by which attacks against vehicles are resolved, i.e.: roll to hit ➡ roll Jink/Cover/Inulnerable saves ➡ Roll Penetration ➡ Roll for Penetrating Hit effect, this makes the most sense, that the No Escape hits are only applied after saves are resolved.

New question: do models taken as wargear for a model capable of Deep Striking (CIP: Space Wolf Characters taking Terminator Armor and Fenrisian Wolves) negate that model's ability to Deep Strike?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Thomas View Post
    New question: do models taken as wargear for a model capable of Deep Striking (CIP: Space Wolf Characters taking Terminator Armor and Fenrisian Wolves) negate that model's ability to Deep Strike?
    Well, the very beginning of the Deep Strike rule states, "In order for a unit to be able to Deep Strike, all models in the unit must have the Deep Strike special rule..."

Could you clarify for me the Fateweaver rolling of powers?

Last FAQ says that every head knows two spells from "normal" disciplines and one- from Malefic.

Same FAQ says that daemon psykers could roll on Malefic in addition to any other discipline.

So could I swap "normal" spells fod Malefic on the Weaver? Is there an established practice on this?

Chaplain

So question in regards to Bomb Squigs. The grenade attack which defines all grenade types now limits each unit to one attack be it in the shooting phase or assault phase. Despite the poor wording in FAQ I have since been advised that clamping a grenade onto a vehicle, building or monstrous creature counts as throwing the grenade.

So my question: Bomb Squigs are used in the shooting phase and a unit can carry up to 3 of them. However, does the FAQ now mean that only one can be used each turn?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011