BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    The Infiltrate rule itself says "Units that contain at least one model with this special rule" so I do not see a reason they would not be able to.
    It's not the intent, but there's a loophole that prevents it. Same as last edition. You can't actually join the unit to confir infiltrate until after deploying them on the board, preventing you from using it for anything but outflanking.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    It's not the intent, but there's a loophole that prevents it. Same as last edition. You can't actually join the unit to confir infiltrate until after deploying them on the board, preventing you from using it for anything but outflanking.
    ICs can be deployed with a group, but not as part of the unit. Once they are on the board they become one.

You can put ICs in transports though. So DarkLink is right.

How does Chief Librarian Tigurius work now? I don't see it addressed in the FAQs

Chapter-Master

He rerolls dice to generate and he rerolls his psychic check? Just like before?
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

He rerolls dice to generate and he rerolls his psychic check? Just like before?
    Can you tell me where this is actually substantiated in the rules? I don't see it clarified in the 7th ed rulebook or the new FAQs. I need my Tiggy to work properly!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by gredert View Post
    Shooting with vehicles clearly states that ordinance shots reduce all other shots to snap shots, found under the section stating vehicles are relentless. ebook location 7677
    It's clearly not clear or there wouldn't be debate about it would there?

If you're talking about the paragraph about vehicles and Ordnance weapons that's what causes the problem. It does in fact state that if a vehicle fires an Ordnance weapon. All other shooting that turn is Snap Shots. But it does that in the middle of a paragraph talking about vehicles moving and firing with Ordnance. In a section on vehicles moving and shooting. Context would seem to mean a stationary (and by extension a Heavy) vehicle could fire all its weapons including Ordnance at full BS. The hotlink for Stationary in the iBooks version also says this, though it does not specifically mention Ordnance. Emails from the guys at Forge World say this is how it's supposed to be played, although that was for 6th edition I can't see it as having changed. And the weapon loadouts for many of the LR tanks in the rulebook and the AM codex make NO sense (Battlecannon and Plasma Cannons or Heavy Flamers) if firing Ordnance makes the other weapons fire Snap Shots.

So no, it is not clear at all in my opinion.

Brother-Captain

Can I get an FAQ that will clarify what weapon a Crusader has? The same model and stats has different weapon profiles between three different codicies (SoB, GK, Inq). It's friggen annoying when you're trying to create a Crusader army using GK with Inquisition allied detachment of MORE crusaders, but can't give the allied Detachment power axes because it says "Power Swords" in that codex, but "Power Weapons" in the GK codex...
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Occuli Imperator

In FAQ for other codecii "Power Swords" have been FAQ to Power Weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Still not offical though
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Quote Originally Posted by slobulous View Post
    Can you tell me where this is actually substantiated in the rules? I don't see it clarified in the 7th ed rulebook or the new FAQs. I need my Tiggy to work properly!
    Its not even ambiguous it doesn't need an FAQ its as they say clear concise and plain
    Currently if he fails his Psychic test he can re-roll it.

A psychic test consists of you selecting the number of dice you wish to use then rolling them on a 4+ to generate warp charge points.

Tiggys rule says he can re-roll failed Psychic tests so you can pick up the dice and try again if you don't get the number of warp charge successes required for that power.

What you can't do is cherry pick which dice you want to re-roll which I presume is why your trying to find an out or a reason for it not working anymore neither can you re-roll a perils of the warp unless your trying to manifest a warp charge 3 power and no other dice in the roll achieved a 4+ result.

Banned

Can ics with infiltrate join a unit that doesn't have infiltrate and still infiltrate.
    Yes, and no. Not counting Reserves, the IC can be deployed in an Infiltrating position, but the unit he is joined with would still have to be deployed on the Deployment Zone edge, but he can't take them across.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
    The Infiltrate rule itself says "Units that contain at least one model with this special rule" so I do not see a reason they would not be able to.
    It's a question of timing.

All non-Infiltrating unit not in Reserves must be Deployed first. Then any unit (including ICs) with Infiltrate are deployed afterwards. Infiltrate does not provide a provision for redploying an already deployed unit (Scout does that). Therefore, an Infiltrating IC can not get a non-Infiltrating unit beyond the Deployment Zone.

House Rules need not be mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    It's clearly not clear or there wouldn't be debate about it would there?

If you're talking about the paragraph about vehicles and Ordnance weapons that's what causes the problem. It does in fact state that if a vehicle fires an Ordnance weapon. All other shooting that turn is Snap Shots. But it does that in the middle of a paragraph talking about vehicles moving and firing with Ordnance. In a section on vehicles moving and shooting. Context would seem to mean a stationary (and by extension a Heavy) vehicle could fire all its weapons including Ordnance at full BS. The hotlink for Stationary in the iBooks version also says this, though it does not specifically mention Ordnance. Emails from the guys at Forge World say this is how it's supposed to be played, although that was for 6th edition I can't see it as having changed. And the weapon loadouts for many of the LR tanks in the rulebook and the AM codex make NO sense (Battlecannon and Plasma Cannons or Heavy Flamers) if firing Ordnance makes the other weapons fire Snap Shots.

So no, it is not clear at all in my opinion.
    Relentless and Heavy only consider Movement for this question. Shooting an Ordnance weapon is not Movement. They have no relation to each other.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast