BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Can a summoned Daemon generate psychic powers? (i.e. can a pack of horrors then summon more horrors, ad infinitum)

That's covered under the Conjuration section of the rules. Conjured Psykers generate powers when Conjured. There's nothing I can see preventing them casting, but, and it's a big but, they don't generate casting dice that turn.

Main use would be to 'conga conjure', using each freshly Conjured unit to deploy ever deeper into enemy lines. However, as they can only otherwise Run in the shooting phase, they're wide open to getting jumped or all shot up.
    Last edited by Mr Mystery; 05-28-2014 at 01:37 PM.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

the conjured unit can't cast on the turn they are conjured.

So my question may seem obvious, but I'll ask it anyways.

Ignoring the fact that they replaced the wrong sentence in the rune priests entry, does this mean that I get a plus one on all deny the witch rolls, like when I try to stop you from summoning. Also does it stack with itself, so if I have two rune priests I nullify a power on a four up? If you say yes or no please reference a rule in the book.

Thanks as always.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    It's clearly not clear or there wouldn't be debate about it would there?

If you're talking about the paragraph about vehicles and Ordnance weapons that's what causes the problem. It does in fact state that if a vehicle fires an Ordnance weapon. All other shooting that turn is Snap Shots. But it does that in the middle of a paragraph talking about vehicles moving and firing with Ordnance. In a section on vehicles moving and shooting. Context would seem to mean a stationary (and by extension a Heavy) vehicle could fire all its weapons including Ordnance at full BS. The hotlink for Stationary in the iBooks version also says this, though it does not specifically mention Ordnance. Emails from the guys at Forge World say this is how it's supposed to be played, although that was for 6th edition I can't see it as having changed. And the weapon loadouts for many of the LR tanks in the rulebook and the AM codex make NO sense (Battlecannon and Plasma Cannons or Heavy Flamers) if firing Ordnance makes the other weapons fire Snap Shots.

So no, it is not clear at all in my opinion.
    The rules explicitly state that if you fire an ordnance weapon, all other weapons wire snap shots. There is no ambiguity here, it is flat out written in the rules.

I would like this clarifying:

Drop-pods "counts in all respects as a vehicle that has suffered an Immobilised damage result " And in the new rules if a unit disembarks from an immobilised vehicle it has to take a LD test or else it can only snap shoot. My feeling is its a rules oversight and not intentional, but its in debate at the minute.

Also my understanding is that:

Pink Horrors are Lvl 1 Psychics

But they generate Warp charge in accordance with their numbers.

They can only generate Malific and Tzeentch Daeomon Powers.....................can this be confirmed.

Initiate

Could someone please confirm the following,
    A Broodlord always has the Horror power
    Now the new psychic focus rule stated that if a psyker has all it's powers from one discipline then they can have the primaris power as well.
    Therefore will the Broodlord now have the Horror and Dominion?
    I don't want to lead anyone but the latest FAQ says that if a model is not a synapse creature and generates the dominion power then it becomes a synapse creature with a range of 6" as long as the power is in effect,
    Could anyone shed a little light cheers

Can tyranids use psychic powers out of rule book I know the codex says we can't but under demonology it says tyranids can't use them but under santic and malefic its says any other pyskers that isn't grey knights or demons can use them but perils of the warp on any doubles so does that mean we can use them and what about the other disciplines.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Yes.

All nid psykers now get dominion for free. Small but very fluffy buff
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by This Dave View Post
    It actually does when the rule concerning Ordnance causing Snap Shots is in a rules section dealing with moving and shooting.
    And primarily deals with firing Ordnance, and so listing the side affects. The only real issue is someone deliberately making it an issue where there really isn't one.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast