BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

What powers do Inquisitors and Henchman Psychers fromthe Inquisition Codex use?

Also is the restriction to Power/Force swords intentional for Inquisitors?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Boofhead View Post
    What powers do Inquisitors and Henchman Psychers fromthe Inquisition Codex use?

Also is the restriction to Power/Force swords intentional for Inquisitors?
    Don't know on the powers bit, I imagine since they get 'Hammerhand' or 'Sanctuary' they just use the same as Grey Knights, so Sanctic. The sword I would imagine is deliberate, since they are able to take a Nemesis Daemonhammer like the GK's use. Or a Daemonsword.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

My question... when assualting does the challengers WS count for the cheerleader battle... IE if 9 Chaos Cultist ca harge a Pheonix Lord and one Scorpion... the Aspiring Champion Fights the lord (and dies horribly some excess wounds kill two cultists... the scorpion kills one more now the 5 Cultists swing at the scorpion... do they need a 4+ (vs the scorpion WS4) or a 5+ (vs the avg WS of 7) to hit. I think it is 5+ but would like some confirmation.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Don't know on the powers bit, I imagine since they get 'Hammerhand' or 'Sanctuary' they just use the same as Grey Knights, so Sanctic. The sword I would imagine is deliberate, since they are able to take a Nemesis Daemonhammer like the GK's use. Or a Daemonsword.
    You should reread the gk faq. Inquisitors and psykers generate powers from the brb tables. Santic is one of them, but they get others and they don't get any default powers.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    You should reread the gk faq. Inquisitors and psykers generate powers from the brb tables. Santic is one of them, but they get others and they don't get any default powers.
    Cheers Darklink, missed that bit for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Thed Nome View Post
    My question... when assualting does the challengers WS count for the cheerleader battle... IE if 9 Chaos Cultist ca harge a Pheonix Lord and one Scorpion... the Aspiring Champion Fights the lord (and dies horribly some excess wounds kill two cultists... the scorpion kills one more now the 5 Cultists swing at the scorpion... do they need a 4+ (vs the scorpion WS4) or a 5+ (vs the avg WS of 7) to hit. I think it is 5+ but would like some confirmation.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that, I'd say the cultists would be hitting on 5's.
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Chapter-Master

Maybe. It explicitly states that the characters in the challenge only use their WS/T for the challenge regardless of majority WS/T, though it doesn't say anything about the squad outside.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Maybe. It explicitly states that the characters in the challenge only use their WS/T for the challenge regardless of majority WS/T, though it doesn't say anything about the squad outside.
    The thing that does it for me is that by the time it gets to the cultists' initiative step, the challenge is already over, so the phoenix lord would then count as part of the unit again for majority WS wouldn't it?
    http://www.celestial-lions.net - witness my insanity

Chapter-Master

No, the challenge is stated to continue for the duration of that round of combat, even if one of the characters is killed. I'd have to double check the exact wording, but the challenge lasts the full round.

No, the challenge is stated to continue for the duration of that round of combat, even if one of the characters is killed. I'd have to double check the exact wording, but the challenge lasts the full round.
    I concur, as I've said elsewhere the challenge as Darklink stated carries on for the remainder of that round (turn) of combat. So the PL's WS won't count against the cultists until next turn. They will be hitting the other dude (and only the other dude) so fighting against his WS therefore hitting on 4's.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast