BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default So Librarians with Force Staves can be pretty awesome in CC

I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere, but biomancy really improved the close combat potential of the humble marine librarian, in particular Tigurius. With Iron arm and a force stave, your librarian can be rolling at str 9 ap 2 at initiative with a toughness of 7 (And concussive). Throw in a possible warp speed and/or endurance and you have an absolute combat monster on your hands.

I am getting Tigurius now so I can try this out. I've always wanted my librarians to be more of a threat in CC

Chapter-Master

Where do you get AP 2? Force staves are AP 4. It's pretty much the only thing that sucks about them.
    ElectricPaladin Paints: http://tiny-plastic-dead.tumblr.com/
    ElectricPaladin Writes: burningzeppelinexperience.blogspot.com

Smash from Iron Arm. Their one flaw resolved.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bluepowerade View Post
    Smash from Iron Arm. Their one flaw resolved.
    Ooh… sexy. Thanks for setting me straight.

Librarian

Then you better hope your one attack hits because that's all your getting, if smash does now what I'm lead to believe it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalleron View Post
    Then you better hope your one attack hits because that's all your getting, if smash does now what I'm lead to believe it does.
    It does not. If you choose to double your S and re-roll to penetrate, THEN you're reduced to one attack. Clearly there'd be more of an outcry if every MC in the game suddenly were reduced to one attac.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    It does not. If you choose to double your S and re-roll to penetrate, THEN you're reduced to one attack. Clearly there'd be more of an outcry if every MC in the game suddenly were reduced to one attac.
    Exactly. As it stands, you get at least 3 attacks with a librarian. 4 for Tiggy. 6 and 7 with Warp Speed respectively. And at T7, challenges and high strength weapons aren't as scary for your Librarian without an Invuln.

Chapter-Master

Yeah... guys, this is awesome. Three 9/2 attacks at Initiative are pretty incredible. Heck, if you're rocking Blood Angels and have a priest nearby, you're throwing 10/2 attacks. You're basically Lysander, but blue.

Don't forget that wounds roll over into the enemy unit, so if they fail their invul or don't have one then you're looking at at least 7 or 8 dead straight away.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Don't forget that wounds roll over into the enemy unit, so if they fail their invul or don't have one then you're looking at at least 7 or 8 dead straight away.
    Ah yes! I forgot about that. Can go through a unit virtually on their own!

And don't forget about the monstrosity that is Mephiston. With Iron arm he is like a faster Great Unclean One. He likes most any biomancy power but Hemorrhage.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast