BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

If the Psyker has a Mark of Chaos, or is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God, they MUST ROLL at least one,...
    As you dont ROLL for the primaris (you get it for free, no dice involved) you still have to ROLL one power.

.. Seriously?

Seriously.
    The wording is very different from the daemons codex. "may choose" and "must roll" are very different from each other.

Scout

Coming out of lurking for this haha. Why do you get the Primaris power for free? wouldn't you only get the primaris if you rolled for a power from that tree and chose to take the primaris instead? I could easily be missing something but that didn't quite make sense to me

Chapter-Master

Chaos focus is seperate from psychic focus. Chaos always gets the primaris for free, everyone else has to roll on that table to do so.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    I actually think that not getting the free primaris for CSM is intended and they want to compensate them by giving out the free god power. Otherwise they would end up with 2 free powers.

They never get two free powers. The way the rules are written, you only get the free Primaris power when you only take a single Psykic Discipline. Ahriman, due to his Mark of Tzeentch, is forced to take one Tzeentchian power and is not allowed to take more than two Tzeentchian powers from that discipline. As such he can never gain any free Primaris psyker because, RAW, he is not capable of taking only powers from a single Psykic Discipline.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

Again, Chaos has a different version of the Psychic Focus rule.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Again, Chaos has a different version of the Psychic Focus rule.
    No, they don't. The only thing different from Chaos psykers and Non-Chaos Psykers is that a Chaos Psyker is required, by the rules governing Marks of Chaos and godly allegiance, to take one Chaos psykic Power in alignment with the god and their particular chaos mark.

As a result of that, special characters like Ahriman get screwed out of taking up to 4 powers whereas psykers like Tigurius and Mephiston get to pump out 4 standard if they so wish (taking all powers from one discipline).
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Chapter-Master

?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAM00494.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	9008  

Simple the total number of power dice.

Like a 2 x d3's & d6 minimum is three dice max is 12 average is around 5-7.

Oh and your opponents gets the same number so dice.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast