BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Easy way to fix the psyker phase for now.

You can only take the power if your model has the mastery level to the warp cost of the power there you go all summoning spells are restricted to mastery level 3 models now can we stop whining at the fact that daemons are a core point in the psyker phase after all no one seems to be complaining that there shooting phase is ner to non exsistance...
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

We can also agree that IG may not field more than 2 Tanks or Tau have no access to Riptides and Markerlights...
    Feel free to houserule it in your gaming group but it wont be an "easy" fix.

Well at the moment it works out fine even if you use sacrifice to get a lord of change you still cant take summoning as he has only access to mastary lv 2 so atleast you can kill the summoners preventing them from summoning ever agien.

While every other army that is not deamons and doesnt have access to ML3 are stuck with ML3 powers they cant ever use in game.
    Wow.

Charon check 6th edition book because the rule for using psyker powers was if you could not manifest powers due to lack of warp charge know as if you had a mastery lv 1 psyker and you rolled for a 2 warp charge ability you would have to reroll the table or take the primaris power.

I am looking in the big rule book Excluding the two new tables there is 1 power that need 3 warp charges Psychic Maelstrom all the others are mostly 1 warp charge any psyker can take that and 2 warp charge most psykers can be upgraded to that.

Also Charon mastery means how well versed someone is at a particular skill so mastery lv 1 is like a acolyte mastery lv 2 is someone with basic knowledge but better then a acolyte mastery lv 3 is someone with a high knowledge of how to manifest and mastery lv 4 would be someone who is a master at what he does. The powers in the book for 3 warp charge seem like they should be used by someone with a lot of skill to manifesting them

Psychic Maelstrom "The telekine focuses his entire mental might into creating a vast maelstrom of destructive power, unleashing a storm of psychic energies that utterly consume his foes" Now do you believe someone who has little understanding like a mastery lv 1 to cast such a ability?
    Last edited by Xaric; 05-28-2014 at 03:40 AM.

Obviously we dont have 6th edition anymore and ML1 Psykers get the primaris for free, so they cant trade it in.

As I said feel free to houserule it in YOUR gaming group but I guess you cant force anyone to eat your rules.

I did not say anything about forcing anyone to eat any rules I am giving my knowledge to a forum that is technicaly a database to resolve unknown issues to the current affairs of the game by the community for the community instead of throwing information that does not help anyone.

And why did you not keep your 6th edition rule book there are fortification data sheets that you can still use in 7th edition... If you do not own the stronghold assault...

Psychic Phase.

Chill. Please. There's no need at all for panic.

I play Warhammer. In Warhammer, Magic is really pretty damned powerful. Yet it rarely swings the game. Why? Because players have adapted, and developed their own methods of coping. Some prefer the direct 'well, you need a head to cast a spell, can't cast a spell if you're head has been smooshed'. Others prefer 'well, I know you're going to get some through, so let's do my best to make sure they're the ones I want to let have off'.

Seriously. No need whatsoever for panic and the gnashing of the teeth and the wailing of the women. Just. Kill. The. Psyker.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

heh i know mr mystery but trying to resolve the issue of people with loads of mastary level ones psykers using abiltys such as summoning (3 warp charge) that are summoning pink horrors who are mastery lv 1 that can also use summoning to summon more pink horrors luckly a summoned daemon cant summon the turn it arrives but this is why people are claiming the new psyker phase is broken.

Horrors can go up to ML3.

Seriously. Psychic Phase - It's a bit of a red herring. To really exploit it, you have to go Daemons. And that Deamon list has to be filled up with Psykers, including no small amount of Horrors. And Horrors are pretty poop for what you pay for. T3, 1W....1A...S3....not exactly a fearsome opponent. Hell, a Guardsman can give one a run for it's money in HTH.

Essentially, nothing needs to be fixed. Would you purposefully restrict the number of guns a unit can fire? Or the number of attacks? It's a totally new phase, with the slight difference I may be able to prevent some of my opponents shenangians. Can't exactly Nullify a Thunder Hammer to the face, or a Battle Cannon up the jacksie can you?
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast