BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Garma View Post
    Don't demons (like demons of tzeentch) have to choose at least one power from their god table before rolling on another one? The summon power would bring in a unit of ten that could only roll on their tzeentch table thus not being able to roll on other one. I'd have to wait until I get home to confirm in my demon codex.
    They do, but now Daemons and Marked Psykers get the Primarius for free, which counts as their choice, so they can dip into another discipline, other Psykers get a free Primarius if they on'y take powers from one discipline.

Please re-read.
    Daemons MAY get powers from their god. They do not have to take them.
    CSM MUST roll on the table once. The primaris you get for free does not count as you do not roll for it which the rule clearly states.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Please re-read.
    Daemons MAY get powers from their god. They do not have to take them.
    CSM MUST roll on the table once. The primaris you get for free does not count as you do not roll for it which the rule clearly states.
    The rules states nothing of the sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Asterion View Post
    The rules states nothing of the sort.
    Codex Chaos Daemons Page 68:
    For each point of Masterylevel he has, a psyker may make a roll on one of the tables available to him. If the psyker is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God, he MAY roll up to half of their powers (rounding fractions up) on the chart that corresponds to their patron.
    No the rules clearly say nothing like that.

Codex Chaos Space Marines, Page 70
    For each Mastery Level he has, Psyker may make a roll on one of the tables available to him. If the Psyker has a Mark of Chaos, or is a Daemon of a particular Chaos God, they MUST ROLL at least one, and may roll up to half, of their powers on the table that corresponds to their patron deity.
    Again.. clearly the rules state nothing of that sort.

Unless you play 40k and not some other game like you obviously do.
    Last edited by Wolfshade; 05-29-2014 at 08:46 AM. Reason: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/faq.php?faq=termsmaster#faq_bolsrules

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Nope. Not according to the FAQ (though remember, FAQs are often subject to change. Fittingly. When you think about it)
    Just checked both csm and demons; it was the CSM that I was thinking of

Brother-Captain

I'm thinking that they'll have to FAQ the CSM codex to allow CSM sorcerers and Ahriman to *choose* to roll on their chosen Chaos God's psykic chart -- otherwise they will never be able to get that free primaris power. Ahriman in particular gets screwed out of having four psykic powers due to the new rule.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

I actually think that not getting the free primaris for CSM is intended and they want to compensate them by giving out the free god power. Otherwise they would end up with 2 free powers.

They won't get the free Primairus from any other type because they won't only generate powers from one discipline, the whole point of the rule is that because they're marked they HAVE to take a god specific power, this way, they get a free power without having to dedicate themselves to the gods powers. Its really quite simple, sorry you didn't understand it and had a bit of a shout.

CD still dont HAVE to take a god specific power. They MAY.

That wasn't the point, the point was you saying the Primarius doesn't count as the specific power for Marked and Daemons.

The rules don't say that anywhere.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast