BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Exclamation Competitive players to warhammer 40k are toxic to the overall game...

Ok so I hear a lot of debate that competitive players demand balance to this game that the book MUST provide balance or its just trash after all they have stated in the book under "Forging the narrative" multiple times that the book is more a set of guidelines then a dedicated rule listing here's a message at the end of the game space marines (don't watch if you don't like spoilers) now replace some of the words they say in a gamer perceptive.

[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNtsu5lCD6s"]Video[/URL] watch at 2.40 and refer the codex astarts as the rule book

Here is a idea for Competitive players when you make a competitive game you add rules to the game just like how i made a rule for the psyker phase [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?45488-Easy-way-to-fix-the-psyker-phase-for-now&p=425045#post425045"]here[/URL]
    Those who judge without reason are no better then the things they judge.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

After 140 bucks I expect a workable product
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Ok so i am getting this right YOU had the choice to buy somthing and EXPECT it to work to how you EXPECT it would?

First of the game is not broken i see people winning loosing and drawing in my local GW shop for the last couple of days with the new book and most importantly having fun.

Secondly they did not force you to buy the book or play with the book you can still use 1st - 6th edition but its up to the player you are agienst who wishis to play with you. So please stop with the assurtion that because you buyed somthing the company should agree with your wishis because your a paying customer thats as silly as the rule the customer is always right if that was the case GW would have gone broke years ago.

Now i dont expect people to follow what i put on this page because this is my own opional but like damn i am going to sit here and let people with competitive mindsets corrupt the game by pushing people who could be new to the game away because they had a hissy fit on some new rules and have disagreements with them.

The game is forever changing i have played a player with 6 Impiral knights it was so much fun even if i lost i still had fun killing 3 of them with plaguebearers (touch of rust).

Banned

I'm a super background driven fan of 40k and I stopped playing because with half the armies if you try to make lists that match the background you just auto-lose *cougheldarcough* also I like to be able to play for fun, not to be confused about contradictory or poorly written rules. Yes I can just roll-off for it or whatever, but I still like to be able to go into a game with a firm understanding of what footing my army sits on, and not have to think "will I be able to deploy x & y together or will my opponent interpret that rule differently today" or the like.

A better ruleset benefits everybody.

I agree a better ruleset would beneifit but people must understand the diffrence between a broken rule (a rule that just makes the game unplayable) and a rule you just dont agree on (a rule that cost you the game but you just dislike it similer to people who play nurgle daemons with everyone being slow but have to accept this because there like zombies in some caseis of there discription)

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    After 140 bucks I expect a workable product
    Its a wonderfully workable product. Its a high quality book filled with full color pictures and more guidelines than most other tabletop rpgs.

If you dont like it, I'm sure you could return it and buy a rulebook for chess instead.

I think we could all do without insinuating one playstyle or another were somehow "toxic to the game", guys. It's not true and it doesn't endear you to anyone.
    Social Justice Warlord Titan

Now this is just a speculation of the play testing maybe they had the rule of 6th edition when manifesting powers with that mindset that if you are a mastery lv 1 psyker you can't roll from powers that cost 2 or 3 warp chargis but neglected to add it to the rule book after all this is not the first time this has happened look at the flaming chariot of tzeentch in both daemon books for fantasy and 40k and also the WD play report by looking at that they must have been thinking that it was the fantasy rules for 40k because in the fantasy rules it states a personal designer rule that it can move and fire wile in 40k this was never added stuff like this for wrighters come up all the time even after proof reading it

Lets look at all the ability's they are mostly warp charge 1 and 2 for the basic and more stronger ability's but the ability's that are warp charge 3 are insanely powerful from casting a strength D AP 1 Vortex type power to strength 10 AP 1 large Blast barrage type powers that or just summoning minions of the warp these powers when I look at them should be used by a psyker that has a lot of skill in the art not by a random novice.

Actually this blind fanboyism and lack of critic is bad for the game. Which company would ever give a **** about improving their product when there are people who blindly adore everything no matter how questionabe that decision was? Surely not GW.

Wait if that's true then why did a person who buyed the 200 pound box for 7th edition not receive his box due to royal mail issues but was given a rule book and £50 to spend on products in GW shop from GW if they did not care about him after all it was royal mails fault they did not have to do anything but they did anyway. Ok school in session what is a business motives to make money from products they produce if a business makes a + to the profits that tells them they are going the right way now if they fall into - that means they are going to change things.

So people who keep asking GW to lower price's yet they are still getting sales lowering price's just because someone asked is a very VERY BAD way to do business its counter productive to how a business works if you don't like something don't buy it its called voting with your money.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast