BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by deinol View Post
    Non-troops deny other non-troops, only one side can control an objective at a time. It's just that non-troops can't contest against troops (or other units with Objective Secured, see Pedro + Sternguard).
    Basically what I said still apply, but you don't get points for two non troop units on one spot.

Nice, so if you want to win games have really durable troops sitting on the objectives and kill off the other sides troops, or lack of.

Nurgle troops are starting to look more appealing. Anyway it does change what I did want to run at first since I was going just run whatever.

Thinking about it more this hurts stand and shoot gun line armies a lot.
    I'm thinking mobility, durability, and the advantage of being troops.

Besides bikes I can't think of too many units that fit that. Tervigons have a nice advantage since they can be troops, spawn troops, and I believe can't be i nstakilled anymore, unless you reduce them to toughness 5 or remove them from the board.

Nids actually may due better now due to the troop rule since they can have a lot of troops, with guard and daemons also having a high troop count.

Thinking about it running nid / daemons would be a crap thing to do. Long as they stay 12" away from each other their golden. Heck spawning more nids and daemons wouldn't be a negative even if you do roll ones and they do nothing. Although you would want to run nids as primary.

Scout

Flying Monstrous Creatures now actually have to take an unsaved wound in order to take a Grounded test. No more effing markerlights taking down a swooping Daemon Prince. They also choose to use Skyfire for their weapons or not in a turn allowing you to use full BS against Flyers or Ground units (depending on which you choose).

Assaulting a unit through difficult terrain now only takes 2 inches off the charge rather than using the lowest of 3d6.

Defensive Grenades can now be thrown as a Str 1 Ap- Blast with Blind

Vector Strikes with Flyers and Flying monstrous creatures are still D3 but now AP 2 sooooooo things like heldrakes and their meteoric descent could potentially do 3 Str 8 AP 2 hits to something's side armor. always fun.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Got linkage?
    Sirlin.net, not sure exactly where. Basically, beginners luck works like this: competitive player starts playing. He learns the basics, then mid level tactics, then high level tactics, etc. A lot of lower level tactics become invalidated by higher level ones, because they're not very hard to counter. They get left aside.

The beginner comes along, though, and he's at square one. He tries a basic tactic, tactic a, something that isn't particularly effective. But the experienced player is expecting tactic z, a much more effective one, which leaves him wide open for tactic a. The beginner does a bunch of damage, despite being a beginner.

Now, the competitive player will realize his opponent is a beginner, and start playing using those basic tactics he mastered a long time ago and then win the game. But he still got a bloody nose because of so called "beginner's luck".

There's also some stuff on using non-optimal tactics and really just about everything else you can think of related to competitive gaming.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Scout

Claimed buildings are scoring units!

I liked how vehicle passengers can take a leadership test to resist the vehicle damage effects making the snap shot.

First-Captain

Grey knights are battle brothers with all human factions, making the Inquisition codex a worthless buy at the same time.

Also the possibility of having Dreadknights and Centurians in your human army, suck on that one for no Tau allies.

Stuff from Inquisition codex is better then from grey knight codex. Way better...

Chapter-Master

I think most of the differences have been faqd in, so all you really get are the relics and valkyries.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

My favourite thing so far. Its more from the FAQ but.

Ahriman casting up to 15 witchfire powers a turn (warp charge depending)

True and utter devestation
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    I think most of the differences have been faqd in, so all you really get are the relics and valkyries.
    Valkyries isn't a.big deal.since.you can take.guard. the only thing you're really getting is relics. For.me I can't reason myself to buy a book just for relics. Although.it.does.have better.chimeras in it. Strangely enough.I.have a feeling that inquisition might be changed with sisters. First.we.have to wait for.GreyKnights to.come.out.

Which in it's current shape.and form I.can simplify do.greyknights.and guard to.any human army, which will.mute any real reason to pick.up the Inquisition codex, besides relics or better chimeras.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kristopholes View Post
    Flying Monstrous Creatures now actually have to take an unsaved wound in order to take a Grounded test. No more effing markerlights taking down a swooping Daemon Prince. They also choose to use Skyfire for their weapons or not in a turn allowing you to use full BS against Flyers or Ground units (depending on which you choose).

Assaulting a unit through difficult terrain now only takes 2 inches off the charge rather than using the lowest of 3d6.

Defensive Grenades can now be thrown as a Str 1 Ap- Blast with Blind

Vector Strikes with Flyers and Flying monstrous creatures are still D3 but now AP 2 sooooooo things like heldrakes and their meteoric descent could potentially do 3 Str 8 AP 2 hits to something's side armor. always fun.
    Wtf. I have to.wound now. That's.stupid good. That means less.of.a.chance.of.anything.without skyline.to.kill.a.flying.MC. That makes.flying circus more deadly. Which means I have to take decent anti air that can hurt flying.MCs. Which means now people.Will field more.broadsides and skyrays.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast