BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Occuli Imperator

So jink is going to ground in air in effect?
    Fan of Fuggles | Derailment of the Wolfpack of Horsemen | In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni

Yup.

Declare before rolls to hit. Gain a 4+ cover save. Snap Shots only in your next turn. Means Heldrakes are a bit trickier to use, especially with the restricted arc of fire now. By no means 'nerfed' or otherwise not worth taking, but definitely not as silly as they were.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Yeah, but as soon as a Burninator Drake is forced to Jink, it's not able to gob at anyone next turn, because Snap Shots and that. That's a mighty big trade off - Survival, or Attack. It may prove enough to restrict it's popularity in the long run.
    It just depends on the situation and the "flock" of dragons. When you run 3+ Helldrakes you are willing to Hover with the odd one and even Jink because the others take up the slack on the alternating turns. Mr. Mystery, I am decent enough guy and fun to play. I am also (as my friend Kerstan will tell you) very competitive. I play to win. I will adjust my lists to make it a fair fight because I want to beat you myself and give you no way to blame it on my list. "I" want to beat you. But, as a competitive player, I understand the mindset of those who don't care about the challenge and only want to win. I don't begrudge them this mindset, I just don't share it. An empty victory means nothing to me; however, those types of players are very good at logistics, and thus to beat them I must be good at logistics.

The new rules are great from my perspective because it means the rug has been yanked from under the feet of all those complaining about the Helldrake. Logistically, however, the problems remain for those trying to fight it. Logistically the return on a dragon has not altered at all. The only thing that has changed is the margin of error in your flight patterns. It takes a bit more skill and knowledge to maximize air time and targets. As long as the person controlling them applies this care, the damage output is the same. Let me put it to you this way, how long do you think it will take for the average competitive player to fly flawless patterns? How long do you think it will take them to figure out that two dragons working in tandem can hit the same targets as before with the added bonus of an extra torrent? It all comes back to math. You should be pleased that I am cheering on this change to the rules. I agree with it, although not for the reasons most people seem enchanted by it. I like it because I'm sick of listening to people complain about dragons.

I quite agree.

One of the greatest strings to my gaming bow is a penchant for fielding lesser seen units. Those that the internet says are cack. Yet I find they're often vastly underrated, if only because someone slaved to the perceived meta hasn't really considered what to do against those units. Or worse, they'll be all 'meh, they is the rubbish, I r ignore'.....well, until said unit gets tore in and it's all far, far too late Units that are labelled 'good' attract as much firepower as they do pointless complaints.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by RGilbert26 View Post
    Morning all, thought I'd start a topic for all the cool things you've found while reading the new rules.

I'll start with my current favourite:

Template weapons can now fire into buildings (fire point/access point) and open topped vehicles, causes d6 wounds at the strength and AP of the weapon.

Anyone got any Marshmallows? :P
    That is a very cool change to how flamers work! They could flame buildings last edition, but the transport thing is a nice, if situational, little boost. Makes fast torrent flamers like Hellhounds and Heldrakes even more nasty vs DE and Orks though. I take it the flamer still has one hit against the vehicle/building too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitsidhe View Post
    2) In Hover is the most durable Skimmer in the game.
    Hmm, I'm not sure if a hovering Heldrake is more durable than a Monolith (but is far more efficient ), and a Wave Serpent that still has it's shield activated is probably close too. Hovering Heldrakes are still very tough though.
    Last edited by Haighus; 05-28-2014 at 08:46 AM.
    In the nightmare future of the 41st millennium, there is no time for peace. No respite. No Balance. There is only War.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I quite agree.

One of the greatest strings to my gaming bow is a penchant for fielding lesser seen units. Those that the internet says are cack. Yet I find they're often vastly underrated, if only because someone slaved to the perceived meta hasn't really considered what to do against those units. Or worse, they'll be all 'meh, they is the rubbish, I r ignore'.....well, until said unit gets tore in and it's all far, far too late Units that are labelled 'good' attract as much firepower as they do pointless complaints.
    I still want to see a use for a Pyrovore.

I have done. They're secretly ace.

Hide it in amongst some Gaunts to give it half a chance at survival, should the enemy twig. Then, have it assault a high value unit. Flail pointlessly in combat, and let the unit pull all it's arms and legs of, and enjoy a little acid bath. Pulled that off quite a few times. Trick is to find an enemy unit that strikes entirely at the same I step. That way, they can do any number of wounds before I have to be removed, and take that many acid tests.

Best result? Piled him into 5 Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield Terminators. By the time I'd finished exploding and weeing acid everywhere, 4 of the Terminators had fallen.....

That's evil lol.
    I have a blog, check it out :P - http://forthegloryofgorkandmork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/tau-xv8-02-commander.html - just updated my blog 11/04/13

All depends on your opponent not clocking it as a threat.

So you can pull it off once or twice per player before they learn their lesson

No more 50% limit on reserves anymore. My Nids like that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast