BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Default Eldar Super Heavies

Are the rules for Eldar Super Heavies in IA11 up to date? FW lists IA11 alongside the updated IAA on their Lords of War Escalation pdf. Are the holo-fields still 4++?

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Are the rules for Eldar Super Heavies in IA11 up to date? FW lists IA11 alongside the updated IAA on their Lords of War Escalation pdf. Are the holo-fields still 4++?
    No, the most up to date rules are in IA: Apocalypse 2013.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Archon Charybdis View Post
    No, the most up to date rules are in IA: Apocalypse 2013.
    Aw crap. How long did the rules in IA11 last?

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully the Eldar Super Heavies are still useable.

Chaplain

I got curious and took a look in Imperial Armour: Apocalypse - they have the new profiles for Eldar Super-Heavies (and they say "Eldar Titan Holo-Field") but they don't give any new rules for the Eldar Titan Holo-Field...so I guess you still use the IA 11 rules?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bubonicus View Post
    I got curious and took a look in Imperial Armour: Apocalypse - they have the new profiles for Eldar Super-Heavies (and they say "Eldar Titan Holo-Field") but they don't give any new rules for the Eldar Titan Holo-Field...so I guess you still use the IA 11 rules?
    That would be cool. What's confusing me is that FW has IA11 and IA Apoc listed as current info for the Eldar Superheavies on their own pdf download for escalation. Maybe they didn't change anything... I think the Titan holofields have changed rules several times over the last few years so I wasn't sure what is current.

Chapter-Master

Eldar Holofields rules are those in the Apoc book.

Its basically a 4+ to not get hit....its not a save, but on a 1-3 the enemy shots the holofield, not you
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by DrLove42 View Post
    Eldar Holofields rules are those in the Apoc book.

Its basically a 4+ to not get hit....its not a save, but on a 1-3 the enemy shots the holofield, not you
    Thanks mate! Seems like an odd way of getting the result of 4++ but I'll take it! Guess I'll have to nab a copy of the newest IA Apoc to have rules in hand.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by 40kGamer View Post
    Thanks mate! Seems like an odd way of getting the result of 4++ but I'll take it! Guess I'll have to nab a copy of the newest IA Apoc to have rules in hand.
    Well in the old days of Apoc it was better than an invulnerable save since it worked on Str D.
    I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it. --Voltaire

The recent old days, anyway. In the old old days, Strength D was just auto-wound/penetrate, Instant Death, Ignores Cover; everybody and his grot could take their Invulnerable saves.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Defenestratus View Post
    Well in the old days of Apoc it was better than an invulnerable save since it worked on Str D.
    Yikes! Didn't think of that. Never played a game with the original D weapon rules. I guess it will still be better Than a 4++ as there is a 1 in 6 chance of D weapons ignoring all "saves".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast