BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by DWest View Post
    It's from [URL="http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?43952-Stationary-vehicles-firing-Ordnance"]this[/URL] thread. The response is an official email (albeit from Forge World, but they're in the same building as GW proper), so should be as solid as an FAQ, I would think (maybe even moreso, seeing as how GW had to reissue 2 FAQs the week of release because they can't bother to ensure that information is accurate in them).
    E-mail them 3 times and you get 3 different answers.
    When the "can an infiltrating character give his USR to another unit and let them both deploy as infiltrators at the begin of the game" was hot in 5th some people I know personally sent it in (I wanted to know if Karandras or Illic can deploy on first turn infiltrating together with Wraithguard).
    We received an fun amount of replies. We had yes, no and a few answers in between some suggesting to roll a dice.
    Are they all considered official now and I can choose which one I like?

Quote Originally Posted by daboarder View Post
    quote the rules, what do they say?
    Page freaking 11. It is even in bold.

"The second roll counts, even if it means a worse result than the first, no single dice can be rerolled more than once."

This thread is a whole new level of pointless rule mongering.

People read these threads and think that it is a new fangled rule their buddies don't know.
    Last edited by sfshilo; 06-01-2014 at 08:46 AM.

Which just proves we were right; what I said (now deleted) wasn't meant as an 'insult' per se, it was a statement of fact, WAAC players were looking for a buff that clearly isn't there. Gets Hot just Gets Hot, they are still almost as likely to kill you as they are to kill your enemy the way it's been since I've been playing anyway.
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by sfshilo View Post

"The second roll counts, even if it means a worse result than the first, no single dice can be rerolled more than once."
    Also in bold, in the same "General Principles" are is Basic Versus Advanced, which states "Where advanced rules apply to a specific model, they always override any contradicting basic rules". Gets Hot is a specific, advanced rule which has a special requirement to activate. The only bending of the rule is trying to state that anything other than double 1's causes a Gets Hot result on a re-roll.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

And we also know that GW have already had to redo 2 FAQ's because of their wonderful grasp of literature... So you don't think it entirely likely they messed up their wording which we all know they do quite frequently so when an FAQ comes out and you are proven wrong (which I'm pretty confident once they realise this you will be), you will I trust be wanting salt and pepper for your hat?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    And we also know that GW have already had to redo 2 FAQ's because of their wonderful grasp of literature... So you don't think it entirely likely they messed up their wording which we all know they do quite frequently so when an FAQ comes out and you are proven wrong (which I'm pretty confident once they realise this you will be), you will I trust be wanting salt and pepper for your hat?
    Only if you admit that you're making a pathetic overreach by trying to twist words around to mean the complete opposite of what they say when it doesn't get mentioned in the FAQ.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    What the rules get FAQ/Errata'd too doesn't change the rule right now. As it stands, you need a double one to get hot with rerolls. This is the actual rule, regardless of intention, until it is FAQ'd or Errata'd.

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by sfshilo View Post

This thread is a whole new level of pointless rule mongering.

People read these threads and think that it is a new fangled rule their buddies don't know.
    wrong rule mate, plus your going to want to look at the rule that deals with advanced rules overriding the basic rules. so sorry matey your wrong
    Morbid Angels:http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?7100-Morbid-angel-WIP
    I probably come across as a bit of an ***, don't worry I just cannot abide stupid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234