BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Traitor Legions w/ special rules for them
    ex: Iron Warriors get bunkers or extra tanks, Night Lords give a -1 Ld to enemy troops in CC, Word Bearers get discount Daemons, Alpha Legion has infiltrate, World Eaters have an ability similar to the Maelstrom of Gore apoc formation, Death Guard cause Nurgle's rot, Thousand Sons have a mega-spell or something, Emperor's Children get combat drugs.
    obviously costing more points, but would cause some cool themed armies
    (yes i do realize some of these are overpowered, but it would be all equaled if my perfect world)

Brother-Sergeant

I really do miss the advantages of taking a Legion or God specific army... Kinda tired of seeing people just spamming whatever works best because it will help them win. Death Guard with Nurgle's Rot was fun! It kind of sucked for any allies, but that's what made it so cool. And I really do miss my Khornate Axes and God-specific vehicle upgrades.

As far as a true Planetary Invasion force, I think the closest we'll ever get is the IA books... Here's hoping there's rules to use Daemons in IA: 7, although I highly doubt it. Still, a 2,000 point list with 30 Plague Marines surrounded by a ton of Renegades will be REALLY cool to field, especially with Plague Zombies.

Veteran-Sergeant

I agree. It is sad that Chaos has become this undefined blob of an army while loyalist Marines get codex after codex.

Really what I'd love is three books--

The Lost and The Damned-- Recent Space Marine or Imperial Guard renegades, mutants, plague zombies, generic demons, and so on.

Demons -- Self Explanatory

The Traitor Legions -- The original legions with special characters/ rules to give them some flavor, and the ability to summon real demons.

While I'm at it, I would also like $50,000 in cash, a new laptop, a vacation in Mexico, and a date with Reiko Aylesworth from 24.

- I want Autocannon toting Havocs with Tank Hunters back.
    - I want a viable army tactic that doesn't involve at least one lash.

That is all.

Chaplain

I don´t think we need a revised Codex. We need a Codex for the Legions!

A book to cover all of the nine Legions.

For all: Dreadclaw - Orbital Lander - Cap of 12/6/1 - no weapons - works like a drop pod (simplified)

Just some Ideas for the Emperor Children:

Mark of Slaanesh: Ini + 1, Fearless

Free Champion Upgrade for Units with 6 / 12 / 18 Members

Special Options for charcters: Combat Drugs (ala DE Drugs:WS+1/ReRoll to Hit/+1A/Strike First/FNP/ignore defensiv Granades)

Special Psi-Powers: Lash (a little bit modified, no bunching up the models i.E.), a Leadership-based Power thats causes Pinning

Sonics: Availaible on all units/vehicles. Cost for Changing to Blasters 5 Pts / Cost for Blastmasters max.20 oder Changing vs. Rocket Launchers / Cost for Sieren max. 15 or Change for Spezial Weapon

Warp Amplifer works like the one in the old dex

Deamon Weapon: Gains add. W6 A if a 1 is rolled a wound is inflicted similar to the attack from the warp but still counts 1 A. Enemys wounded loose 1 A for every W inflicted to a min. of 1 (they are spasm in extasy).

Demons: All Demons out of the Chaos Demon Book, except NO UPGRADES/OPTIONS available.

Spec. Chars: i.E. Lucius - if he joins a squad all gains WS +1

And a bunch of ideas for the IRON WARRIOS:

May take a Ordanance Battery out of Codex: Imperial Guard

May take Vinidcators as a squadrown.

Havocs and Choosen and HQ get: Tankhunters with ONE-Shoot Weapons (i.E. Lascannon, Melta etc., so no AK, HB etc.)

Mark of chaos undivided: ReRoll LD-Tests

IW are Stubborn

Gets a add. HS-Slot in exchange for two FA-Slots

Warsmith gets: Tactical Genius (modifiys Reseve-Rolls for both friendly/enemy units // rerolls flank-attacks)
    may buy Orbital Bombardment

Servoarm: 5+ Repair / Add. Power-Fist-Hit

May use: Deathwind Droppods as a FA Choice

May use no Deamons at all

Obliterators: 80 Pts. but W(4)5

Techpriest/Marine in a Chaos-Version.

Special Chars: May give "Tank Hunter" to all units / gives Flamer for free / etc.

ENJOY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12