BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Wiklo View Post
    In 2nd ed there was no permission to ask if someone could use x y z SC. The only time you needed permission to use something was if it was from citadel journal. I remember cause I used to run with every single BA character in a 2000 pt game and it was quite silly to see Mephiston / Dante Frenzied.
    No, there were some things you needed permission to play. Named characters was one. Another were certain army lists such as the Genestealer Cult and the Demon World lists in the back of the Chaos Codex.
    Last edited by Brettila; 06-11-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    40K pronunciation guide: Abaddon = [uh - BAD - done], Belial = [bee - LEEL] (I promise), and Chimera = [KY - murr - uh].

Quote Originally Posted by Jstncloud View Post
    Attachment 9028

Clarification, Farsight and Shadowsun both had this restriction in their 4th edition books.
    I was wondering when someone would pick up on this. +1 to you. -1 to this thread.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    SC needed permission in 2nd ed too.
    I don't remember ever asking for permission to use a character in 2nd.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

I hardly ever use special characters in my games. In my opinion using them in battles under 3000pts is insult to them :P
    On the other hand, when we play bigger battles, they always have narrative background and we always settle in advance which (and if) special characters can be used.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTycho View Post
    I was wondering when someone would pick up on this. +1 to you. -1 to this thread.
    That's incorrect.

That example comes from the 2nd Codex, Tau Empire, not the first I was referring to, called just TAU.

Brother-Captain

Dude. Thread is dead. Leave it.
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?52423-The-Blood-Pact-Chaos-Homebrew-Supplement&p=472214&viewfull=1#post472214

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123