BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    A mate of mine runs a shop and he was informed that they had a leaflet in the DV sets now to the effect that "This rule book is no longer valid and you can buy the new rule book from Games Workshop or the store where you purchased this boxed set."

That was it, no new rule book.
    I would be pissed off if I wasn't informed BEFORE buying the boxed set that it had the wrong rules in it. I would simply return the product.

Chaplain

I would be a bit more than peed off, I would be in touch with Trading Standards.

If I remember rightly the boxed set says something along the lines of "a complete introductory starter set into the game of Warhammer 40,000, including blah blah detailed minis, rulebook, blah, blah..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Lindsay Anderson View Post
    apparently the next boxed set contains blood angels and orks.
    Why don't we just skip all the SMs vs. (Insert Army) and go for what they are really going to do.... Adepta Sororitas vs. Daemons. With all the Sisters stock slowly drying up it would be a cool surprise to get a small starter to breathe some life back into the army that hasn't seen love in years..! Granted GW will NEVER do something like this, but can only hope. Lets just hope your mate is wrong about them not changing out the old 6th ed. in Dark Vengeance though...

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Young View Post
    Why don't we just skip all the SMs vs. (Insert Army) and go for what they are really going to do.... Adepta Sororitas vs. Daemons. With all the Sisters stock slowly drying up it would be a cool surprise to get a small starter to breathe some life back into the army that hasn't seen love in years..! Granted GW will NEVER do something like this, but can only hope. Lets just hope your mate is wrong about them not changing out the old 6th ed. in Dark Vengeance though...
    I sometimes think its not out of the realm of possibilities that one day GW will offer more than one version/army sets in starters at once. Like A Eldar vs Demons, SM vs Nids, Orks vs Necrons all with little their own unit portfolios and then the same lil rules. I mean im curious are they just gonna keep making the cheap single pose guys forever now that they updated those kits or are they a limited run stock they're eating into over time one day making it more viable to make kit-combo starters with real models?

White Dwarf did indeed mention Dark Vengeance with respect to the rules being outdated. They simply said that, "This situation will be remedied."

A lot of people are implying that Dark Vengeance will be returned and repackaged with a new, small rulebook. As you can probably guess, there would be a substantial cost to doing this. Others suggest that this is an Ork vs. Blood Angels release makes more sense, but you also have tens of thousands of dollars tied up in DV product and production molds that won't see use. Then again, there is the problem of cultists not being available aside from the Dark Vengeance box. With GW's lock on rumors, it is really hard to say what will happen.

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzardx3 View Post
    White Dwarf did indeed mention Dark Vengeance with respect to the rules being outdated. They simply said that, "This situation will be remedied."

A lot of people are implying that Dark Vengeance will be returned and repackaged with a new, small rulebook. As you can probably guess, there would be a substantial cost to doing this. Others suggest that this is an Ork vs. Blood Angels release makes more sense, but you also have tens of thousands of dollars tied up in DV product and production molds that won't see use. Then again, there is the problem of cultists not being available aside from the Dark Vengeance box. With GW's lock on rumors, it is really hard to say what will happen.

The investment is already there, but it's been there for every starter set so far. The molds are propbably melted down and re-tooled/recycled.

Scout

Let's just hope It's a new box with orks, would be Good fort my starting whaaag

Scout

I would love to see a Sisters vs boxed set. Plastic Sisters are badly needed. I have two limited Dark Vengeance sets so I hope a new box gets released with the rules in it as I won't buy the big rules book. I paid my $75 two years ago for the BRB like a fool. Not again.

Quote Originally Posted by maartendp View Post
    Let's just hope It's a new box with orks, would be Good fort my starting whaaag
    Just grab some AoBR Orks from eBay....but I see your point since they just updated Orks it wouldn't be too far fetched for maybe a newer starter.

BRBs are for people who love the extra lore/images so I'm more prone to getting the small versions over large ones myself.

Do we still know that the Dark Vengeance box set will come back out, now that they talk about the new VS boxes? Maybe that box will be renamed something else with the very similar contents at a future date. Like when those 2 codexes are revised and released.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12