BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: So What's Your Opinion of 40K 7th Edition?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a Winner - An marked improvement over 6th

31 40.26%
  • Meh - Some Good, Some Bad - Nothing earth-shattering

34 44.16%
  • It's Got Issues - Can we have 6th Back?

12 15.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 7th ed opinions?

what are all your opinions on the 7th edition of warhammer 40k.
    i honestly cant wait to start playing 7th ed!

Very good, I think it'll be fun..... A bit worried about the meta becoming some weird unfluffy mix of "come the apocalypse" allies....if it encourages background development for one's army then great, if it's just about squeezing the most rules stretching combo, then the community should rally against it outside of tournaments.
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Brother-Captain

Meh

Overall I think it seems great- open to abuse, but so was 6th. I am a bit annoyed at my traitor guard/iron warriors army being very awkward to play, but aside from that I am quite excited

Ignore the crappy new Missions with the Candyland results and get the people you play to not summon 1K+ Daemons a turn or run the broken 2+/2+ Invisible Deathstars and you are basically playing 6th Edition with some Faqs. So about as good as 6th Edition which isn't saying much.

The pre-existing rules that carried over and were tweaked are fine IMO. The new rules (Maelstrom of War cards and psychic phase) are essentially broken. For the latter I watched a space marine army with 1 level 2 psyker against a CSM army with two ML3 sorcerers not get off a single casting over 6 turns and likewise not once was he able to deny the witch against a blessing cast with 6+ dice (always Invisibility). It was very clear that the psychic phase is now "go big or go home."

Daemon-Prince

So in short it seems the game got more broken.....?
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by silashand View Post
    The pre-existing rules that carried over and were tweaked are fine IMO. The new rules (Maelstrom of War cards and psychic phase) are essentially broken. For the latter I watched a space marine army with 1 level 2 psyker against a CSM army with two ML3 sorcerers not get off a single casting over 6 turns and likewise not once was he able to deny the witch against a blessing cast with 6+ dice (always Invisibility). It was very clear that the psychic phase is now "go big or go home."
    Ok...so if you want to do well in the shooting phase take lots of good shooting units, if you want to be good in the assault phase take assault units, if you want to be good in the movement phase take fast units.....if you want to be good in the psychic phase you need to take psykers??!

Not sure how stopping a Marine player from casting Invisibility is breaking the game?
    http://bloodshadowsm41.blogspot.co.uk

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    Ok...so if you want to do well in the shooting phase take lots of good shooting units, if you want to be good in the assault phase take assault units, if you want to be good in the movement phase take fast units.....if you want to be good in the psychic phase you need to take psykers??!

Not sure how stopping a Marine player from casting Invisibility is breaking the game?
    Not sure how some armies can do anything in that phase if 1000+ points of demons are summoned in a turn.
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Shadow View Post
    It was the CSM player casting Invisibility, which in its current form is broken, and the Space Marine player had no way to stop it. The default answer people will throw out for this situation, "just shoot the psyker", doesn't work very well if the Psyker himself is in the unit getting Invisibility.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast