BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Geek & Sundry Arcade Arms

This is really impressive:

A lot of the Geek and Sundry stuff isn't really my cup of tea as adawble as Felicia Day is but this sort of thing really is.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I'm not giggling at the name shut up you're giggling at the name.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Banned

Yessssssssssssssssssssss :3

Showed the Mace of Molag Bol episode to my brothers and they were all '35lb? I bet we could make one lighter than that with some effort' and I was all 'I don't know, it's an intricate design and that guy seemed pretty professional and you're just skilled amateurs' and they yelled 'CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!' and rushed down to the forge.

Banned

Oh dear... also the thought of combining its giantness with their... not giantness

And I imagine it would be possible to make it lighter but they are also actually smashing things with it so probably went heavier so bits didn't snap off.

Well they cast it in four large bits, I think if you wanted to make it lighter you could construct if out of a lot more bits, hollow cat or drill out as much as possible and assemble it, some of the bigger flanged maces were done that way to make them lighter. A lot of the handle that won't be on the receiving end of the major impacts could even be done in much thinner metal over a wooden core even, maybe. I'm sure they will think of something.

First-Captain

not bad, if a bit overly enthusiastic... for something a bit more sedate and serious, but with less awesome tryouts usually, there's Man at Arms:
    The bigger they are, the bigger the mess they make when they step on you. - Ahzek Ahriman, on Titans

Needs a woman host. I do agree though Arcade Arms is very American in that respect...

Brother-Captain

I've posted this elsewhere before, but for completeness sake I thought this could have a good home here. This is an historical documentary on how in certain parts of the medieval Viking world they were forging blades from the equivalent of modern carbon steel.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."