BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Battle-Brother

Cool

i actually think terivgon spam COULD be effective if used right - if you spend 1-2 turns running like mad at the enemy with regenning tervigons with FNP and then spawn youd be able to increase your chances, and anyway you can keep them cheap enough to hav a few fun bits in your army (zoanthropes venomthropes doom of malantai?) it may not be able to take on everything but could take on most with a reasonable chance of winning a 6 wound MC which is a scoring unit is good in anyones book

Veteran-Sergeant

So tarrandus, what happens when on turn 1, IG melts that tervigon and you decided not to spit out any gants? There's no reason NOT to spit them out every turn, unless you are playing kill points.

Your counter-argument likely being, "But then they will shoot the gants".....you know what...AWESOME! because they are not shooting at my other nasties. I like this idea...

There's no reason NOT to spit them out every turn, unless you are playing kill points.
    The reason being you can't spit them out every turn. You're going to get out 1-2 turns, 3 if you get lucky. When the game is winding down, and your tervigon is hunkering down on an objective, would you rather have 10 gaunts to help hold it, or do you want 10 gaunts that caught a nova cannon and died first turn?

Your counter-argument likely being, "But then they will shoot the gants".....you know what...AWESOME! because they are not shooting at my other nasties. I like this idea...
    The thing is though, with a tervigon gaunts now represent a viable threat. You get 20 tervigon backed gaunts into combat, stuff is going to die. Maybe it's the difference in our thinking: I see gaunts as a valuable assault troop, you see them as a bullet shield. I can't really respond to your argument, since we're pretty much opposite sides of the coin. How and why we field gaunts and tervigons is different.

I guess my original statement was a bit strong. I'll go with this:

Spawning turn one= different playstyle from mine.
    Last edited by Tarrandus; 01-28-2010 at 08:23 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456