BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Librarian

Default Brotherhood of Psykers and Generating Powers

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before (and perhaps I'm just not reading the rule book and/or FAQs properly) but I am a bit confused on how generating powers works with this rule, particularly under the new system. Does each MODEL in a unit with this rule roll seperately to generate their powers before the game or does each UNIT with this rule generate their powers as a whole?
    Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
    The worst is death, and death will have his day.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me View Post
    I'm sure this question has been asked and answered before (and perhaps I'm just not reading the rule book and/or FAQs properly) but I am a bit confused on how generating powers works with this rule, particularly under the new system. Does each MODEL in a unit with this rule roll seperately to generate their powers before the game or does each UNIT with this rule generate their powers as a whole?
    It's the unit. Just think of them all as a single Psyker.

Librarian

That's what I suspected though admittedly far less interesting than the "psychic Swiss Army knife" they would have been otherwise. So the only advantage to adding models to a unit with this rule (now that powers like Psychic Barrage which scale by number are gone) is as ablative wounds for combat and perils?

Chaplain

That's what I suspected though admittedly far less interesting than the "psychic Swiss Army knife" they would have been otherwise. So the only advantage to adding models to a unit with this rule (now that powers like Psychic Barrage which scale by number are gone) is as ablative wounds for combat and perils?
    Pretty much, though having more members in units like Grey Knights makes them tougher for shooting and such too.

Wait, am I reading this right the? Does that mean no more 3X warp lances for 3 Zoanthropes?
    Astra Miliwotsit? You're in the Guard now son....

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by John Bower View Post
    Wait, am I reading this right the? Does that mean no more 3X warp lances for 3 Zoanthropes?
    No, that's a special case as it is addressed in their own unit special rule "Psychic Brood." Until/unless addressed in an FAQ it still applies to them when manifesting Warp Lance.

Originally Posted by John Bower

No, that's a special case as it is addressed in their own unit special rule "Psychic Brood." Until/unless addressed in an FAQ it still applies to them when manifesting Warp Lance.
    and these ppl make a living selling their games system ?

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Mcturk View Post

and these ppl make a living selling their games system ?
    Well, considering 99% of their rules are straight forward, well, yeah! People do make a living on their game system.
    QUOTE Jwolf: "Besides, Tynskel isn't evil, he's just drawn that way. "

What happens if you combat squad a unit with Brotherhood of the Psykers, do you now get two Mastery Level 1 Psykers? (Also generating twice as many Warp Charges?)

apparently yes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast