BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Chapter-Master

Ah, only works in assault though.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLink View Post
    Ah, only works in assault though.
    And where are Orks supposed to do their damage? Assault. But they took power weapons (except expensive striking-last klaws) off the Nobz, took the burnas out of the basic mobs (and stuck in them in an expensive unit that will just get mowed down with bolters before they get there), and S3 is kind of weedy, so any turn that an Ork unit hasn't charged, its ability to even hurt Marines is compromised.

I hope the Orks have something that helps them get around assault being nerfed so hard. Otherwise, I'll be stuck with a shooty Ork army.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    and S10 AP1 multiple template Ordnance barrages dropping all over, and the Master of the Ordnance...
    For future reference, the Manticor is AP4 - not AP1.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    And where are Orks supposed to do their damage? Assault. But they took power weapons (except expensive striking-last klaws) off the Nobz, took the burnas out of the basic mobs (and stuck in them in an expensive unit that will just get mowed down with bolters before they get there), and S3 is kind of weedy, so any turn that an Ork unit hasn't charged, its ability to even hurt Marines is compromised.

I hope the Orks have something that helps them get around assault being nerfed so hard. Otherwise, I'll be stuck with a shooty Ork army.
    Re-roll a single charge dice when assaulting is pretty pokey.

And against Marines? I'd take squillions of attacks ta.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    For future reference, the Manticor is AP4 - not AP1.
    Right, sorry, my bad, it just feels like that when your entire army has no concept of armor and you're up against guys who don't seem to go down... I do know that it's AP isn't that impressive, which is nice, because it has to work at it to blow up my vehicles not. Well, a little. I mean, the Battlewagon is still +1 for Open Topped (why would I close up an assault vehicle?).

Luckily, I'm getting some freaking AP weapons in my new codex, so I'll be happier soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Re-roll a single charge dice when assaulting is pretty pokey.

And against Marines? I'd take squillions of attacks ta.
    The Orks need Slugga Boyz to be more effective than they are now. Here's how this basically went in combat:

Orks charge. Marines Counter-Assault (after firing Overwatch!), strike first with Initiative. Zealot from Priest lets them reroll to hit, so they hit well, and pretty much any wound is a kill (6+ save, bleh). A bunch of Orks die. The remainder strike back. 4+ to hit, 4+ to wound for the first round, not shabby. So some attacks wound. Marines then proceed to roll 3+ armor. Oh, some of them failed. Well, reroll that (Priest) on a 3+ again. Hmm, one guy managed to fail again? Well, 4+ FNP (Biomancy). So no Marines die, because of 3+/3+/4+. The Nob took a guy down, but that's about it.

Again, I can shoot them to pieces... but until I get something to consistently deal with armor in combat, I'm going to keep watching Ork mobs being 29 ablative wounds for the one guy who can hurt a Marine, and those wounds tend to die fast. That's just no fun, not after 3rd edition with the choppas and power weapons.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345