BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

As per exactly where in the 40K rulebook, Exlorn?

I think he's referring to 4th edition rules where immobile vehicles didn't count as scoring.

uhm, drop pod assault rules in space marine dex pg 69.

dont count as scoring, but do contest, even if immobile.

also apparently are considered moving up to 12". so the guns inside cant fire...(atleast thats what im told)

You are 100% correct there StrikerFox.

Drop Pods can contest in 5th Edition (not to disparage Exlorn's effort to the contrary) as they do not have a rule that prevents them from contesting an objective, such as Rippers.

Also, when a vehicle Deep Strikes it counts as moving at Cruising Speed, and since a Drop Pod is neither Fast nor has the Machine Spirit rule anymore, you cannot fire any weapons on the turn that it Deep Strikes in.

I stand corrected. I guess I should really learn to look stuff up no matter how sure I am before I post.

I'm also delighted to be wrong in this case as I'm the only person in my group playing with drop pods.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingareth View Post
    Also, when a vehicle Deep Strikes it counts as moving at Cruising Speed, and since a Drop Pod is neither Fast nor has the Machine Spirit rule anymore, you cannot fire any weapons on the turn that it Deep Strikes in.
    Except Black Templar drop pods, which specifically state that you can shoot the turn you arrive. There really is a big difference between the Codex:Marines drop pod rules and the BT drop pod assault rules.

Correct. But yours are BS2, so I'm alright with that trade off!

BA pods are BS2 but still can't shoot when they arrive. Life is so unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingareth View Post
    Correct. But yours are BS2, so I'm alright with that trade off!
    So true... the number of Brothers that have been lost to Deathwind launcher blasts almost equals the number of enemies lost to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arschbombe
    BA pods are BS2 but still can't shoot when they arrive. Life is so unfair.
    And you don't have a real codex either. Here's some salt for your wounds.
    Last edited by RealGenius; 08-05-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: added

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123