BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by helline9 View Post
    There are plenty of stories and references stating how difficult it is to remove sisters from an objective (the space marine attempt to assassinate the head of the official imperial religion as probably the best example. not saying that vandire didn't deserve it at the time he did, my point is that in that battle the sisters forced a stalemate against 4 chapters of space marines which is impressive in anyone's book... and they've done this again and again.) They would not be able to defend objectives this well unless they have a effective way of dealing with flyers from the ground.
    Of course, when they did that they were occupying the Imperial Palace itself, which is quite an advantage to have. Not only is it the most formidable fortress in the Imperium but the attacking Chapters were probably rather reluctant to throw everything they had at blowing up the Emperor's house.

Vandire was fortified in his Ecclesiastical Palace not the Imperial Palace.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTycho View Post
    In the novel "Redemption Corps" the Sisters had their own Valkyries. I'd be ok with them in a Sister army, although it probably mean that GW would have to pack in an extra "Sister" sprue for pilots and iconography into an already packed kit.

I'd be ok with an avenger too, provided GW decides to make plastic versions of FW stuff again.

More than likely GW would make a brand new piece of crap flyer instead of using something they already have.
    I haven't read that novel but it seems fairly clear in most canon that outside of the Mechanus and Astartes, air support is strictly prohibited to anyone but the Imperial Navy. It makes sense that some Guard regiments would bend or break these rules but I can't see the Adepta Sororitas breaking them.

Either way, the entire point of taking Adepta Sororitas out of Witch Hunters is so they can operate as a stand alone force without support of other armies. This means they need their own, unique models and units. If you need to start adding Imperial Guard units, what is the point?

Armies like Tau seem to have no problem having Skyfire upgrades available to their units. I simply refuse to believe that a Mission of Sisters would enter into a conflict without some kind of mobile anti-aircraft capability that doesn't require calling in the Imperial Navy for support. Every other army is perfectly capable of being fielded as a single faction without being defenseless against one Heldrake.

Quote Originally Posted by helline9 View Post
    i wounder if the plastic immolator sister (the only currently existing plastic sister that i'm aware of) would fit in a Valkyrie cockpit? 0_o
    It would probably fit fairly easily with some cutting down but you would need two for both pilots and they may not even be very noticeable with the canopy over them. Easier just to buy a couple female heads for the existing cockpit.
    Last edited by Harley; 06-18-2014 at 09:22 AM.
    Where is my tinfoil hat!??
    Aka Arcane, veteran GW-Conspiracy Theorist

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Vandire was fortified in his Ecclesiastical Palace not the Imperial Palace.
    Oops! You're right. I just remembered the Custodes showing up to lead them to the Emperor and forgot about the whole "secret passage across a continent" thing.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Either way, the entire point of taking Adepta Sororitas out of Witch Hunters is so they can operate as a stand alone force without support of other armies. This means they need their own, unique models and units. If you need to start adding Imperial Guard units, what is the point?
    Well Imperial Navy but I get your point
    Even the Imperial Guard don't have any flyers of their own, just stuff 'borrowed' from the Navy.

Armies like Tau seem to have no problem having Skyfire upgrades available to their units. I simply refuse to believe that a Mission of Sisters would enter into a conflict without some kind of mobile anti-aircraft capability that doesn't require calling in the Imperial Navy for support. Every other army is perfectly capable of being fielded as a single faction without being defenseless against one Heldrake
    In the book Hammer and Anvil the Sisters Retributors have no problem shooting down Necron Flyers.
    They had no Exorcists with them.

It would probably fit fairly easily with some cutting down but you would need two for both pilots and they may not even be very noticeable with the canopy over them. Easier just to buy a couple female heads for the existing cockpit.
    A bit of Green stuff is fine for a bit of a body shape change. Since they have helmets on you can't tell by face.

just a minor point but is the avenger the first (and only) sisters ...anything with lascannons?
    The only thing I know of.

Banned

That seems like a slippery slope since it raises too many questions.
    Any more than having women under arms so that no man is?

-How do they transport these flyers from planet to planet? In a carrier? Isn't that too similar to a Navy?
    Same as the Rhinos, Immolators, and Excorsists, I imagine, if not built on the planet itself. Not all Flyers have to be flown down directly from a starship under its own power.

-Since many planets may have different elevations, oxygen levels, chemical compositions and hazardous conditions, wouldn't making them space worthy make more sense?
    And Sisters would be on a such a world, why? And if they were, it would probably be a place where an air-breather wouldn't function anyway, so not part of their equipment list. Sisters are about defending the Ecclisiarchy, so go where they go.

-Couldn't these flyers easily be modified for space travel, and if not, then aren't they purposely crippling them to adhere to regulation?
    Possibly. How hard would it be to make a P-51 Mustang or an F-22 Raptor space-worthy? And heck, they deny any male access to their ranks, so there's a crippling point right there.

-Who pilots these? The Schola Progenium doesn't train pilots and the Sisters don't have any.
    Fluff rewrite. They do now. They just weren't mentioned before as they had no Flyers represented, so no reason to mention them. A pilot just hanging around a Ordo Hereticus just didn't make sense I guess.

-If a pair of pants is a pair and pants is plural then what is a single pant and why would you ever want just one?
    Good question. I've wondered that myself. But considering that there's always one more weird fetish out there...

-If no one ever wanted just one pant then why would it be important to specify them as coming in a pair?
    Why sell a pair of gloves as a pair?

And yet, the Imperial Guard operates with support of the Navy. The Inquisition for a long time ran with the Grey Knights, and vice versa. I just thought it was to separate them from the Ordos where they only had a small relationship.

Ah well, with the situations with Formations and Allies now, I can just take a Stormwing Formation and drop off Sisters from a flying Land Raider.

If they every make plastic Sisters, anyway.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910